• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,682
i thing anant is using Nokia e63, it support max. 384 kbps. Speed in 3g

n73 :)

----------

ok I just booked my E353 :)

No problems in here. Just few disconnects in 3-4 hrs.

.STILL I WUD PREFER CHECKING THE EXACT SPEEDS THATS ALLL....

no option....friends have either non unlocked Reliance net connect or tata photon plus in which MTNL 3G wont work and they are not very keen to get it unlocked :P

it wont have 2G support. But I will only be using it in my house most probly For 2G I think I can use my cell as modem if its required :) I got it for around Rs 2000.

I wud suggest getting E173.. as it supports most GSM/UTMS modes. And support 7Mbps..which I think is good enough atleast for next 5years.

My E353 has shipped. Will be here in few days.Regarding E353 not supporting 2G network, FYI, 3UK do not have a 2G network. They are 3/3.5G only. So they list the modem as incompatible with 2G network.

it wont have 2G support. But I will only be using it in my house most probly For 2G I think I can use my cell as modem if its required :)

I got it for around Rs 2000.

Anant,

As amish suggested you it could be better if you bought which support both 2g and 3g.. the reason is

When you connect thorough mobile partner, if you select UMTS as preferred mode then it always to try to connect to 3g mode...if all of sudden the 3g gone off (most times it happens) then automatically it will connect to GSM mode (2g) by keeping your internet connection available and when it detects 3g singal again then it would pickup 3g speed.. so advantage is you wont see any disconnection.

But it seems your modem doesnot support 2g so, it would see lot of disconnection as it will always try to connect 3g and there is no backp of 2g signal as dongle does not recoginize it..

remember, my case also..I always does not see full 3g singal very less oftenn dongle goes back to 2g and comeback...(but there wont be any disconnection in between.

If its possible to see buy a new advanced modem if that seller agress with little bit extra amount...(in addition what you paid 2000rs)

----------

sorry just checked specs of e353
WCDMA/HSPA/HSPA+ 2100MHz,
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz;

* HSPA+ data service of up to 21.6Mbps;

* HSUPA data service of up to 5.76Mbps;

* Micro Secure Digital Memory (Micro SD) Card;

My E353 has shipped. Will be here in few days.

Regarding E353 not supporting 2G network, FYI, 3UK do not have a 2G network. They are 3/3.5G only. So they list the modem as incompatible with 2G network.

mine is nt shipped yet and the seller is in Delhi. I thought he will send it today only lol :P

----------

@amish and @onenessboy this one comes with 4G support next yr dnt need to get new modem if reliance 4G LTE comes with proper data plans then :)
----------

how does one check the validity of the data plans. i am just getting message..that so much data is left but no mention of validity. currently on one day data plan for Rs 20

mine is nt shipped yet and the seller is in Delhi. I thought he will send it today only lol :P

----------

@amish and @onenessboy this one comes with 4G support next yr dnt need to get new modem if reliance 4G LTE comes with proper data plans then :)
----------

how does one check the validity of the data plans. i am just getting message..that so much data is left but no mention of validity. currently on one day data plan for Rs 20

Anant,

as i mentioned earlier, 4g is something which deals with LTE technology.. But current dongles does not support LTE anyway...just google it..you will get so many pages confirming this... faster speeds doesnot mean full fledged 4g... when reliance comesup with LTE then this dongle does not work...

Back