MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,683
Mumbai Problem solved. The GM personally visited my home and solved the network issue in 1 hour by calling their network teams.

wowwwww that's awesome MTNL is really doing a great job :D

GM himself visited your home? Which other company's GM would do this? (Except Hayai. I can totally visualize Matt running around to solve major problems atleast in Dadar area )

I think I will need a visit too :Done problem I am having once the modem connects the speeds would be arnd 2MBps and then after 45 min or so the speeds would fall to 7KBps the connection would stall and wont disconnect on its own. If it would disconnect on its own then no problem but I have to manually DC it every 40 min or so to get back the browsing power...... the signal is around -83 to -85dbi....... and settings on gprsppsdel help help...

Yes hsdpa is activated. Had it not been, you would have got a maximum of 384 kbps download. If you are able to get full signal strengt, you can expect to get around 2.5 to 2.7 mbps.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

I'm only getting 2-3 bars (out of 5) so I guess thats why I'm not getting more than 1.5 mbps.

Btw, the upload speed is restricted artificially by mtnl or is it a limitation of 3g/hsdpa tech? Will using a data card instead of a mobile phone make any difference here?

Hsdpa can offer about 0.35 mbps upload. For higher upload speeds, hsupa is needed.

You need to take up the issue with higher authorities. Forum help is of limited use here. :(

I think I will have hard time explaining MTNL ppl this that after every 20min to 40min the internet monitor is still there but no page can opened or nothing can be downloaded......it just looks net is still connected but its pretty much disconnected.....

I dnt know why doesn't it disconnect for the auto reconnect to come in and take care of it...even just now again had to reconnect it manually as net was not working...

@Sanke1 did u update ur drivers on the E353 or anything did u do any hotfixes previously ?

I did not update any drivers. I installed mobile partner 21 and the drivers installed with it.

Anant,

Use alwasy mobile partner for connections. MDMA should primarly used for finding out tower information and signal information.
I would suggest you to try with mobile partner latest version.

and one more thing is if you google..you will get a procedure for autodialer for 3g connections.. That would help.. in this case.. you dont need really mobile partner also...

try with mobile partner first.. see the results.. if not satisfied then go for autodailer process..

Back