MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,683
@Sankewhat is ur signal strength that u get most of the time on E353 ?? and other members what ur signal strength most of the time..

Finally got the 3g 4500 plan activated and I couldnt be any more happier.

This is what I was getting at home this morning..

And here's what I'm getting now at Office.

I'm happy with both the results. More will always be better but this will do too.

Btw, I'm getting really slow speeds when downloading from an FTP server (between 10-20 KBps only). Others (who had wireline broadband) have been able to download from the same server without any issues and it took them under 10 minutes to download the 200 MB file. But for me it took 5+ hours to download it. Anything I download directly from websites or even itunes works fine (took < 10 min for a 100 MB app). Does anyone know why the speeds are so slow with FTP? And is there any solution?

And thanks everyone btw. Had it not been for you guys I wouldnt have even known about this plan and even if I did, I wouldnt have gone for it thinking mtnl would suck and it wont work. So Thank you for all the help so far guys :D

Finally got the 3g 4500 plan activated and I couldnt be any more happier.

This is what I was getting at home this morning..

And here's what I'm getting now at Office.

I'm happy with both the results. More will always be better but this will do too.

Btw, I'm getting really slow speeds when downloading from an FTP server (between 10-20 KBps only). Others (who had wireline broadband) have been able to download from the same server without any issues and it took them under 10 minutes to download the 200 MB file. But for me it took 5+ hours to download it. Anything I download directly from websites or even itunes works fine (took < 10 min for a 100 MB app). Does anyone know why the speeds are so slow with FTP? And is there any solution?

And thanks everyone btw. Had it not been for you guys I wouldnt have even known about this plan and even if I did, I wouldnt have gone for it thinking mtnl would suck and it wont work. So Thank you for all the help so far guys :D

Its a bit complicated :/
FTP doesnt provide Pipelining..which is needed because all are using HTTP or HTTPS protoclols...FTP is begining to make start its era in indian market....Overseas its all over da place...

^^
Search for CRC9 antenna on ebay. Buy it. (Hope your 3g Dongle has extra antenna socket)

I recently used 3g ( Mumbai Sim ) in roaming in Goa.( BSNL NETWORK )The speed was nice ( 1.5 - 2 mbps ) where there was 3g signal .Unfortunately coverage seemed weak in goa ( Maybe where i was ) . So ended up buying the resorts Wifi connection.Reliance Netconnect + was working just fine at same location.Lets hope that infrastructure and coverage improves soon . I actually didnt expect my 3g dongle to not work in Goa . No point even trying to use it on 2 G . Because speeds are horrible.

Got a call from marol tel exchange. The person asked me to save his number and contact him ni case of any issues. I am having problems sending mms so he said "Ek baar aa jaana free ho ke.. aapka sab problems solve kar deta hu" gave me his direct number and office.Impressive response from MTNL for lodging complaint!

guys post ur signal strength results.... @sanke1 can u tell me whats the strength on ur e353 most of the time..

Back