MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,683
dnt know why would they need to share it pvt players they using their own network...hmm...hope then they dnt screw up with ppl who have already bought..

done already that was like the 1st thing I tried this morning doesn't have any effect...done the patching too on SP3 no effect...now I am almost planning to take a hammer and hit it to see if it has any effect on it... :D

btw a guy on indian broadband forum said that he put his modem in a plastic bag and then put in a glass of water and says its working very well :rofl: ( he did not get any replies to this on the thread fr this :P )

May be you can improvise. Put the modem deep inside a long plastic bag. Put the end of the bag(with modem) in ice-water. Just an experimentation!! What do you think?

how do u plan to save the connector frm getting wet :P

----------

But theres nothing to be afraid of the tie up between MTNL AND BSNL roaming i guess.... :/

they are saying pvt players..like airtel nd all lol

PC is running XP and on laptop got win7...on laptop it just DC twice did not stall so auto re connect would work I am also pretty much outside...I think when the modem heats up it starts to stall...if its cool everything works fine.....I think situation is going out of hand now..

Speed test results on on my Laptop on Win 7 did it just now..

https://www.speedtest.net

I use my connection with Win 7. It gets disconnect/reconnect after 1-2 hours on download. Connection gets stalled but connected after 4-5 hours irrespective of download. To fix this, I have to manually disconnect-connect.

The interesting part is that sometimes, after reconnect, the upload data(a few Kb only) is being sent, but download still remains zero. In this case, I have to do disconnect-connect upto 3 times to get it working.

I assume that the modem is not hung, just the network issue. Comments welcome on this.

----------

they are saying pvt players..like airtel nd all lol
i know...im just getting all Paranoid.i dont know why... :/

A usb cable should be connected to the modem. Plastic bag could be longer. Only the lower part of the bag should get wet. Have I missed anything?
anant.del said:

Guys,
I have created a batch file to reconnect the connection in following two scenarios:
a. When it gets dropped/disconected.
b. When it is connected but internet stops working

I have tested it for the first scenario.

Anant, can you verify whether it solves your connection stalling problem?

Here is the batch file
@ECHO OFF
:Game
ECHO wait
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 -w 10000 > nul
ping 127.0.0.1 -n %1% -w 10000> nul
ping www.google.com -w 10000 |FIND "Reply from " > NUL
IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 ECHO Internet connection is reciving packets, chill.
IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :Game
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 ECHO Internet connection down, reconnecting...
ECHO ...
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :discon
:discon
rasdial "" /disconnect
ECHO ...
rasdial ""
ECHO ...
GOTO:Game

Replace with the connection name you dial.
Let me know if it works :)

Huawei modems are always of poor quality. But when you use poor quality 3G network like MTNL with Huawei, on pre beta OS like windows 8 DP, the combination is lethal.Even after making boatloads of money in 3G modems, Huawei driver and software coders are the most incompetent fools on the planet. (They give Wipro idiots a run for their money)I will offer Rs. 10,000 in cash to whoever manages to start my machine and complete boot to windows 7/8 desktop with dongle inserted in USB port. :)

Huawei modems are always of poor quality. But when you use poor quality 3G network like MTNL with Huawei, on pre beta OS like windows 8 DP, the combination is lethal.

Even after making boatloads of money in 3G modems, Huawei driver and software coders are the most incompetent fools on the planet. (They give Wipro idiots a run for their money)

I will offer Rs. 10,000 in cash to whoever manages to start my machine and complete boot to windows 7/8 desktop with dongle inserted in USB port. :)

My Huawei dongle always remains plugged into windows 7 machine and machine boots. :)

Back