MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,683
in that case, wecaz, you can expect recharge worth 10k, as a gift from sanke1. Roughly 2 cycles of the 4500 plan : P

Last Huawei modem I got is not that bad !
Huawei E1750C (7.2 mbps /5.6 mbps) -got it from Aircel promotion -Hyderabad @ rs 1400 with 3 GB -3 G data ( rs 750 worth) .it was locked and I have already unlocked it. ( After using up 3 GB -adios to Aircel)
Compared to the previous 3.6 mbps Voda (ZTE)3570Z , connects eiether with Aircel software or MDMA with in 30 seconds. I have used photon CDMA Huawei modem for some time before getting in to 3G. I may get Huawei 353 - 21 mbps card when a good deal presents itself.( I was considering UMG 1831/k4505 -no longer)
I was a BSNL 3G user for 6 months. No longer. Nowadays Airtel in Hyderabad and Voda in Chennai.:cool (2):
https://www.speedtest.net

Last Huawei modem I got is not that bad !
Huawei E1750C (7.2 mbps /5.6 mbps) -got it from Aircel promotion -Hyderabad @ rs 1400 with 3 GB -3 G data ( rs 750 worth) .it was locked and I have already unlocked it. ( After using up 3 GB -adios to Aircel)
Compared to the previous 3.6 mbps Voda (ZTE)3570Z , connects eiether with Aircel software or MDMA with in 30 seconds. I have used photon CDMA Huawei modem for some time before getting in to 3G. I may get Huawei 353 - 21 mbps card when a good deal presents itself.( I was considering UMG 1831/k4505 -no longer)
I was a BSNL 3G user for 6 months. No longer. Nowadays Airtel in Hyderabad and Voda in Chennai.:cool (2):
https://www.speedtest.net

How did u unlock that aircel data card? can u plz tel me

in that case, wecaz, you can expect recharge worth 10k, as a gift from sanke1. Roughly 2 cycles of the 4500 plan : P

I did not make it clear that it has to be Huawei E353 model. The more I use it, the more I feel it is bugged big time.

Has anyone able to use it without installing drivers? Huawei beats drums saying that it's HiLink feature allows you to go online in 15 seconds without installing drivers.

I use my connection with Win 7. It gets disconnect/reconnect after 1-2 hours on download. Connection gets stalled but connected after 4-5 hours irrespective of download. To fix this, I have to manually disconnect-connect.

The interesting part is that sometimes, after reconnect, the upload data(a few Kb only) is being sent, but download still remains zero. In this case, I have to do disconnect-connect upto 3 times to get it working.

I assume that the modem is not hung, just the network issue. Comments welcome on this.

heheh you have the exact same problem like mine..nice to have u here...now @amish wont say is this only anant specific problem :P

btw have u tried the windows 7 fix yet ?

----------

Guys,
I have created a batch file to reconnect the connection in following two scenarios:
a. When it gets dropped/disconected.
b. When it is connected but internet stops working

I have tested it for the first scenario.

Anant, can you verify whether it solves your connection stalling problem?

Here is the batch file

Replace with the connection name you dial.
Let me know if it works :)

hi thx for making a batch file I will check it out :)

one more thing...if I ping google when its getting proper signals which is around -83bi to -85dbi I get 0% packet loss and pings of around 200 to 500ms but when suddenly the signal drops to -103dpi I start getting 100% packet loss and requests not complete if I ping google...internet does not work either...

----------

@wecaz

running ur app in the background I think its pretty cool... basically I think it will reset the connection if it starts getting packet loss :D will run some test on it tmrw on XP SP3 as thats the main download system :D

heheh you have the exact same problem like mine..nice to have u here...now @amish wont say is this only anant specific problem :P

btw have u tried the windows 7 fix yet ?

What is this windows 7 fix?
----------

hi thx for making a batch file I will check it out :)

one more thing...if I ping google when its getting proper signals which is around -83bi to -85dbi I get 0% packet loss and pings of around 200 to 500ms but when suddenly the signal drops to -103dpi I start getting 100% packet loss and requests not complete if I ping google...internet does not work either...

I will verify, this will take time because for me the problem is not as frequent as yours.

----------
@wecaz

running ur app in the background I think its pretty cool... basically I think it will reset the connection if it starts getting packet loss :D will run some test on it tmrw on XP SP3 as thats the main download system :D

Good testers are hard to find these days ... ha ha

----------

But theres nothing to be afraid of the tie up between MTNL AND BSNL roaming i guess.... :/

these two are blood relatives. nothing to worry about.

was running it on background of win7 connection was pretty much non existent at -113dbi had to reconnect manually...to get back the signal and speeds..

on the batch file was still getting internet connection is receiving packet, chill ( hard to chill though when there is no internet :p )

on the batch file was still getting internet connection is receiving packet, chill ( hard to chill though when there is no internet :p )

packets != internet,
this is becoming anant specific problem .. lol

more brainstorming needed :)

I saw a lot of people complaining that the torrents are capped on mtnl 3g but it doesnt look like the case for me. Getting 300KBps right now.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8060/screenshotem.png

What is this windows 7 fix?

MS hot fix kb/925681

----------

packets != internet,
this is becoming anant specific problem .. lol

more brainstorming needed :)

hehe :D I have seen on other forums too ppl with similar issues :P ...

Back