MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,699
Onenessboy, good to see this..I would still recommemd people who do this, pick up a prepaid card and not postpaid just to be on the safe side. I know its clearly mentioned about roaming in home networks, etc .... but better safe than sorry!

Onenessboy, good to see this..

I would still recommemd people who do this, pick up a prepaid card and not postpaid just to be on the safe side. I know its clearly mentioned about roaming in home networks, etc .... but better safe than sorry!

most people is on unlimited plans use prepaid only.... MTNL unlimited plans are only for prepaid.. i am not sure about post paid... these unlimited plans for prepaid only..
what i found is i am getting better speeds than delhi..while my data card is in roaming....hehehehe...

There is a 1650 plan for postpaid.... But i agree 9/10 using 4500 prepaid plan..

Hi,i came to know from known source of bsnl who is technician, why they have stopeed unlimited plans...he hinted that there was contineous overhead on bandwidth allocated. so much reboot they had to do evrytime mean while people coming to Customer care for disconnection complaints... they sold more cards than capacity....which is no more profitable with existing infrastructure availability....:)

In Chennai (Triplicane area) I used to get 3-4 mbps in BSNL 3G easily.unfortunately in Hyderabad the signal is not too great in my home even though iam in the heart of the city.In Hyderabad I get easily 5mbps in Airtel and voda too.MTNL free roaming im BSNL is a bit ambigous. Web site says roaming in BSNL area will be charged.But some posters here report no such deduction. I have my entire family in Delhi.I can easily get one.But I will use it mostly in south.In a dilemma whether to ask my brother to get a Jadoo sim! Right nowBSNL 10 GB @1200 .from dec31 it is going to Rs 1800/10 Gb. But Airtel also giving promotion 5G @ 1250 with double data promotion from Sep19th.

In Chennai (Triplicane area) I used to get 3-4 mbps in BSNL 3G easily.unfortunately in Hyderabad the signal is not too great in my home even though iam in the heart of the city.In Hyderabad I get easily 5mbps in Airtel and voda too.
MTNL free roaming im BSNL is a bit ambigous. Web site says roaming in BSNL area will be charged.But some posters here report no such deduction. I have my entire family in Delhi.I can easily get one.But I will use it mostly in south.In a dilemma whether to ask my brother to get a Jadoo sim! Right nowBSNL 10 GB @1200 .from dec31 it is going to Rs 1800/10 Gb. But Airtel also giving promotion 5G @ 1250 with double data promotion from Sep19th.

see the main problem..most people are confusing about link which says.. ROAMING IS charged.. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE. because they are looking that in wrong page..
3G Prepaid in this page this is for normal 3g sim. on which you dont have any intnert plan. and if you browse u will charged ..

but for datacard.. there is no roaming ..right page is below.. (i marked with round in below picture see)

At this moment Bsnl does not have UL plan, are there any users here who have purchased mtnl from mumbai for example and are using it permanently roaming on bsnl? Does this system work fine or there is a catch to it?
I'm one of them,i use MTNL 3G permanently on BSNL....There's no catch involved in it.... :)

----------

Onenessboy, good to see this..

I would still recommemd people who do this, pick up a prepaid card and not postpaid just to be on the safe side. I know its clearly mentioned about roaming in home networks, etc .... but better safe than sorry!
There's no way that MTNL would charge for roaming in BSNL network......Because MTNL and BSNL are of the same blood........i dunno abou the other operators

For me thats not happening... after crossing 2.5 MBps it just disconnects :( Anyway, heading to Mumbai tmw... inbtw which APN do u use in chennai?

I'm one of them,i use MTNL 3G permanently on BSNL....There's no catch involved in it.... :)

----------

There's no way that MTNL would charge for roaming in BSNL network......Because MTNL and BSNL are of the same blood........i dunno abou the other operators

I want to believe you, but those two times I went on roaming in UP, my balance went to negative upon returning. I didn't make any calls.

For me thats not happening... after crossing 2.5 MBps it just disconnects :(

Anyway, heading to Mumbai tmw... inbtw which APN do u use in chennai?

then try auto dailup methos..and see the results.......for that setup..i found link from another forum.. but when i paste that link here..it does not show up..hehehe :) does somebody knows why....? the link reffering to someother broadband forum

just wanted to know..whether pasting some other broadband forum link is prohibited here...? I am using link option but still it does not turn up

Back