MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,632
I did the recharge using the online recharge website.

Here is a screenshot using MDMA application and speedtest.

Interesting observations marked with red dot.

1. Negotiated downsync rate is 8 mbps. That means MTNL network is capable of 7.2 Mbps HSDPA speeds. They are just limiting the speeds.
2. Download speeds and pings are acceptable for HSDPA. Infact they are the best I have seen.
3. MTNL has not yet enabled HSUPA

excellent find !! nice work sanke1 !

----------

i am getting HSDPA in RAT option

----------

which ussd code u wrote for balance inquiry?

As soon as I click on disconnect, it shows my remaining balance. RAT: changes to HSDPA when some data transfer is going on. Otherwise it stays on 3G.

Great work sanke1 ! Now the question that comes in my mind is that are the UL schemes applicable to people using data dongles !I will check tmmrw if I can do only a talk time top up. If that goes thru then maybe this scheme is only applicable to dongle users !

Finally my HSDPA got avtivated today.mine stays on HSDPA while sometimes goes to 3g.getting 8 mbp downlink with about 6 mbps download peak while it fluctuates between 1-3 mbps.btw, what ussd did u use??seriously need that.

Great work sanke1 ! Now the question that comes in my mind is that are the UL schemes applicable to people using data dongles !I will check tmmrw if I can do only a talk time top up. If that goes thru then maybe this scheme is only applicable to dongle users !

Doesn't matter. MTNL knows that you will be pulling data one way or the other.

BTW I am using Huawei E169G dongle which is 7.2 Mbps capable.

Finally my HSDPA got avtivated today.

mine stays on HSDPA while sometimes goes to 3g.

getting 8 mbp downlink with about 6 mbps download peak while it fluctuates between 1-3 mbps.

btw, what ussd did u use??
seriously need that.

thats gr8 !!
can you show some screenshot of 8mbps please. i think mtnl is not going more that 2.3mbps

i think it is possible.a friend did that. he got the talktime.

thats gr8 !!
can you show some screenshot of 8mbps please. i think mtnl is not going more that 2.3mbps

I have PM'd him for the details. 3.6 Mbps HSDPA Release 5 Category 5/6 is where MTNL is still at.

However they may be upgrading to category 7/8 as we speak. Who knows.

it maybe a burst/spike from my end.if it stablizes for more than 10 sec, will send a Screenshot since i have monitoring/logging on.if it doesnt, we can safely assume that MTNL is still on 3.6 mbps.waiting to see if it works on the same plan/unlimited on roaming(BSNL ) network.btw, did anyone finish their 200 GB and request for more?

Back