MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,634
@Popcorn: What do you think of my problem? Is there a problem with my dongle, my SIM or a problem from their side? I inserted the SIM in my 3G capable mobile phone (Samsung Wave GT-S8500) and when tried to browse I got low speed and a sign of Edge was indicated instead of 3G?Any solution?

check it in mobile partner and only3G as preferred connection.do you have HSDPA activated by paying Rs. 449?If paid ... have you ever got 2mbps in that sim?let me know these answers so that I can guide you !

I don't use Mobile Partner, but I use a dial-up connection.No, I have not activated HSDPA yet, but till 13th July, 2011 (7 PM), I was getting blue light and speed of around 0.37 MBPS.But since 13th July, 2011 7 PM, I am getting green light and extremely low speeds. I live at Worli.

OK so as you said.... you never got more that 370kbps speed.... hsdpa is not activated.dial up will not guarantee you of selecting 3G. It will select what best signal. Example... suppose 2G signal is strong than it will select 2G. There is no option of selecting 3G if the signal 3g signal is low.So mobile partner helps to select the 3G network only. In your language it is blue light.as 2G signals are strong in yr area suddenly... you are on 2G speeds which are really bad.I advise you to activate hsdpa and then use mobile partner....with your K3765.

But before I even connect to dial-up, the dongle itself searches for a signal. Before the problem occurred, I used to get 3G network (blinking blue light) even if I had not connected to the internet via dialup. So even now, before connecting it should indicate 3G signal availability just liked it used to do before.
Another thing is that I am unable to get 3G services even on my mobile phone.

And even I wanna use Mobile Partner but is giving me some issues. I had sent you a private message regarding it but I guess you skipped it by mistake.
Hey I can finally use MTNL SIM on my dongle. All thanks to you.

But I am using a dial-up connection. With Mobile Partner, I am experiencing a very strange problem.

Mobile Partner cannot connect to the internet, but when connected via dial-up, I can disconnect via Mobile Partner.
Mobile Partner cannot read my data card ie signal strength is 0%, but it still shows the upload and download speeds.

In short, mobile partner doesn't works when disconnected. Only once I connect via dial-up, mobile partner can be used.
Any help?

----------

And how do I select 3G network on Mobile Partner? I have the software installed but I don't use it due to the strange problem mentioned above.

gprsppsmum is the APN for Mumbai. It is same for 2G, 3G and HSDPA network. You can select preferred network through mobile partner only.

go to toolsgo to optionsgo to networkselect only UTMS or WCDMA only or 3G onlyapplygo to Profile ManagementClick NewProfile Name = MTNLAPN= Static radio buttonAPN - gprsppsmum for mtnl mumbai prepaidAccess Number = *99#username password both blankclick saveclick defaultthats it... i am sending u mobile partner link in pm soon

Well I can finally get MTNL's 3G network on my Vodafone K3765 USB Dongle, a big thanks to Popcorn for helping me out.Now I know that I need to call Mr. Gaikwad to activate HSDPA, but before that I would like to know that how do I check the data used in the 449 MB free data usage I will get on activating HSDPA?And later I'll probably opt for the Rs. 4,500 (for 6 months) plan. Are there any other plans available too?

Back