MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,634
nothing will happend even if u get that 1 hour activation sms.
if you have spoken with the dude today.... the activation takes 24 hours... so tommorow it should be activated.
What if I haven't talked with him? Will it be same for me or I have to talk first, then 24 hrs after that?

what i understand is that he takes your number and gives it to server room by his extention internal phone. The server room guys manually make the changes to activate hsdpa on yr sim. so there is a delay.

Is it necessary for the SIM to be active at the time of activation? My MTNL SIM generally stays in my toolbox (not in the dongle) as I currently use Vodafone's SIM on my dongle. Once HSDPA gets activated only then will use MTNL's services.

what i understand is that he takes your number and gives it to server room by his extention internal phone. The server room guys manually make the changes to activate hsdpa on yr sim. so there is a delay.

But what if I haven't been able to talk with him even once? I wasn't able to talk to him as he never accepted my call. I got the notification from MTNL after I sent that message yesterday. So what should I do now? Is calling compulsory in this case or it can be activated even if we don't talk to Mr. Gaikwad!

God! This is turning out to be really a nightmare for me!

@AbhishekS : Not necessary.. if HSDPA gets activated, it will be activated anyway..@1manshow : It's a government organisation, what else one can expect one... I also waited for 3 weeks before HSDPA gets activated... AFAIK we dunno anyother way... Mr. Gaikwad is the only man as of now... All you need is to keep calling every 2 hr or so... and u will eventually get him soon.. ATB

Finally I was able to call him in morning, and he noted my number and assured he will get it done with relevant department till evening. Let's hope it gets activated tonight.Fingers crossed xD

Alright, I finally got HSDPA activated. Mr. Gaikwad was on a leave today and a guy called Ravinder picked up the phone. I talked to him twice and he activated HSDPA for me. :D
Now, HSDPA is activated and Mobile Partner shows the network as 'HSDPA Dolphin' with a signal strength of 71% but my speeds are still 0.37 MBPS.

https://www.speedtest.net

----------

And the signal keeps on changing from 'WCDMA Dolphin' to 'HSDPA Dolphin'.

Hmm. Try reconnecting and if speeds are still 384 kbps, then HSDPA speeds are still not activated even if you are on HSDPA network.

So how do I activate the HSDPA speeds?My HSDPA is surely activated as my balance got deducted and I'm also getting the HSDPA network as I mentioned above.Can you elaborate on activating HSDPA speeds?

It might probably take some time if you have spoken with the guy. Have patience. If in doubt, read my above post again.

Back