MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,635
Speedtest server bandwidth comes from Vodafone. Hence the message.

Alright, I finally got HSDPA activated. Mr. Gaikwad was on a leave today and a guy called Ravinder picked up the phone. I talked to him twice and he activated HSDPA for me. :D
Now, HSDPA is activated and Mobile Partner shows the network as 'HSDPA Dolphin' with a signal strength of 71% but my speeds are still 0.37 MBPS.

https://www.speedtest.net

----------

And the signal keeps on changing from 'WCDMA Dolphin' to 'HSDPA Dolphin'.
Congrats mate. Mine is still not activated. I dunno he was not Mr. Gaikwad who picked the phone today. Still no signs of HSDPA activation for me. :(

Alright, I finally got HSDPA activated. Mr. Gaikwad was on a leave today and a guy called Ravinder picked up the phone. I talked to him twice and he activated HSDPA for me. :D
Now, HSDPA is activated and Mobile Partner shows the network as 'HSDPA Dolphin' with a signal strength of 71% but my speeds are still 0.37 MBPS.

https://www.speedtest.net

----------

And the signal keeps on changing from 'WCDMA Dolphin' to 'HSDPA Dolphin'.

Initially it will show "WCDMA" and once connected it should show "HSDPA"

Sometimes speedtest.net won't reveal the true picture. Why can't try downloading a torrent (with lot of seeds) or some files in download manager and check the speed ? Hope WCDMA shows full signal, otherwise again u won't a true picture

Also, even if HSDPA not activated one can see HSDPA in mobile partner ;)

patience ... all this requires 3-4 days to settle down on all towers....

@Sbhas2K: I have never downloaded any torrent, so I don't know what seeds are! :p

@Popcorn: Alright, I'll see if the speeds improve in the next few days.

----------

And when I send 'ENQFREE' to 444, I get a reply stating that my request for ENQFREE is received and I'll soon receive a confirmation message. But I don't get the information of the free data left.

Has anyone here used the 3g sim with an ipad? I plan on using mine solely on it.

My friends are using. Works perfect except for Mobile TV App. Mobile TV Picture size is half of the ipad as App had still not been developed for Ipad users.

@Sbhas2K: I have never downloaded any torrent, so I don't know what seeds are! :p

@Popcorn: Alright, I'll see if the speeds improve in the next few days.

----------

And when I send 'ENQFREE' to 444, I get a reply stating that my request for ENQFREE is received and I'll soon receive a confirmation message. But I don't get the information of the free data left.

You can try to direct download then, like itunes in download manager and check. Also reg ENQFREE sometimes it won't work, try to send again you will get the validity eventually

I downloaded a song and the speed I was getting was between 40-50 kbps. What is the average speed that you get while downloading files and not in speedtest?

Back