• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,640
k3765 is 7.2mbps. mtnl offers 3.6mbps
there is a degrade overload of around 35% on mtnl so I usually get 2.3mbps

----------

other factor is how far r u from tower?
how many walls are in between?

Seems some problem with MTNL nowadays.. Since yesterday my speed never exceed 100KBps in torrents... This may be the reason for us facing issues with speed... Inbtw completed 300GB in 1 month.. will i get more when i complete 800GB ? a big question mark ???

Wooooooffffff!!!

After Calling 15-20 times on Mr. Gaikwad number, I didn't gt any response. But found out an alternate way. And the kind of response I got was even better than so called best Customer Service of Vodafone/Airtel. :p

Yesterday I tried to call on Helpline number 1503 and was pissed off by the kind of response and attitude shown by CC staff. I called 1503 almost 10 times. :confuse: 3 times they keep transferring my call on their Avaya system whithout even speaking to me. 2 times some stupid CC answered but without listening my Issue kept on singing her own song. 4 times CC attended the call but kept me on hold and then disconnected.

So, Today I called on MTNL West II Public Grievance( It remains busy maximum times ). Luckly got connected and One Nice Lady attended my call. She was not fully aware of HSDPA thing, so told me call back. Then after enquiring from some one, she told me to below options:

1. Recharge Account with 99 and HSDPA will be automatically activated.
2. After 30th July, MTNL is activating HSDPA by default to all subscribers which is currently done on SMS or manual basis.

I thanked her and disconnected the call. Later that nice lady called me back and gave me their IN Department number and asked me to call him and explain my queries as she is totally not aware of this HSDPA thing. I was about to call on that number but again got call from that lady. She told me that she had spoken in IN department and they won't be able to explain me all the things on phone. So I have to Visit in their Head Office and provided me Name and Address of Concerned Person.

Then I asked her about Mr Gaikwad and told her his number. She easily recognised that ya this extention number belongs to GSM Section of Head Office. I requested her to call Mr Gaikwad and get my HSDPA activated. She then called Mr Gaikwad, escalated my Issue, Mr Gaikwad forwarded my Number to IN Department and I was told that HSDPA would be activated today. She even told me to call Mr Gaikwad at that moment as he was on his desk.

I called Mr Gaikwad, told about my conversation with that lady and he himseld narrated my number instantly and told me HSDPA will be activated today !!!

Now Intejaar Intejaar Intejaar for today EOB !!!:imbored:

Seems some problem with MTNL nowadays.. Since yesterday my speed never exceed 100KBps in torrents...
This may be the reason for us facing issues with speed...

Inbtw completed 300GB in 1 month.. will i get more when i complete 800GB ? a big question mark ???

With This speed, you will definately cross 800 GB next month and we all would get confirmation for wts gonna happen after 800 GB ;)

some nice joke:
Twitter

regarding extra usage beyond 800GB check this tweet of mtnl:
Twitter

^Great news... Hope it'll be free beyong 800GB and i don't wanna go through all the hassles like HSDPA activation ;)

I am getting strange network names like VMSC_FTN, Dolphin-Mumbai, MTNL_Mumbai.

Previously, I used to get IN_DOLPHIN.

Download speed is not exceeding 1 mbps. So it seems like they are capping download speeds. Time will tell if it is permanent.

https://www.speedtest.net

I hope MTNL is upgrading/rebranding their network and improves download speed to 7.2 Mbps.

Never been so optimistic :D

which mobile r u getting new names? have u recently upgraded firmware for that mobile? bcz the names are fed in the firmware and they are picked up by the phone based on the network number of the operator.

which mobile r u getting new names? have u recently upgraded firmware for that mobile? bcz the names are fed in the firmware and they are picked up by the phone based on the network number of the operator.

It's iPhone 4. Actually all the phones in the house. The Network names are never fed into mobiles. It will show whatever the name the particular network has. (just like WiFi network's SSID)
I haven't upgraded the firmware. Will do that tomm as new firmware 4.3.5 weights 666.60 MB :(

When I had previously mentioned about 1 mbps cap. That was enabled on 1 of the two towers serving my home. So at one spot, I got full 2.20 Mbps and in other spot, I got 1.00 Mbps. Now I get only 1.00 Mbps anywhere in my house. :(

Happy days over. I hope MTNL removes upto 3.6 Mbps from their 3G advertising.
I tend to over react a bit. But pretty much figured this is inevitable.....

Back