MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,640
May be possible with some advanced software. But I just have to be in bedroom for one tower and rest of the house for the other tower. I can confirm it as both the towers have different network names.

I think they are settling on new network name: Dolphin. They rather keep it simple with MTNL. That would be so much cooler and easier. lol

Yes , Its possbile to lock signals with particular cell site. But its a hardcore network thing and only highly qualified Network engineer of that operator can lock it. I can sure bcoz I have seen Reliance Network Engineers doing that in one of their showrooms . That showroom was having Network Issue for EVDO .

Oh Man !!! Again MTNL Site is down. It seems that after Website too is available only during office hrs of MTNL :anger3:

----------

Can someone help me out with the Handset and PC settings to use Internet Via Data Cable :(

I am currently downloading a 215 mb file from Hotfile.com and getting speeds around 15-20 kbps. Is this normal?

This is the Speed I am getting Nw. Donno HSDPA activated or not ??

----------

As per confirmation from IN Department , HSDPA is getting activated by default on all Trump and Dolphin Numbers since 22-Jul-2011.
So, No need to keep balance of Rs 500 and call Mr Gaikwad now onwards. Confirmation of same on MTNL Mumbai Website too.

Just buy a Sim card in case of New Connection. Recharge it with 99 Plan Changing Scheme. Check the Internet Speed and Recharge with 4500 Plan Changing Scheme.

Unfortunately without enquiring, I recharged Rs 500 which is wasted as I am never gonna use that.

ATB guys !!!

But what about those sims which were purchased before 22nd July? Mine I got on 13th July and still HSDPA speeds are not activated despite getting deducted 449/- on 22nd July and calling numerous times thereafter. Tomorrow I will call for last time and ask if it's going to get activate or not on my sim or will drop MTNL for good.

Pure headache...:anger3:

Edit: Are you sure Rs. 99/- plan changing coupon will activate HSDPA without bugging anyone on phone anymore? I can again waste 100 Rs. but it must be confirmed first.:blink3:

Back