MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,055
x720 said:
I usually get around 7-7.2mbps (line stats at 8192k). But over the past couple of days, things haven't been great. Sure torrents run at the same 850-900kBps, YouTube again streams at full speed, yet I can't figure out the issue with PlayStore downloads across multiple devices.
Some sites load painfully slowly. Pinging the same gives great latency with no timeouts :(
Yep, Hathway server has that issue, alternates between 0 and 1ms.
Try changing your DNS. Might just work.

Well I have taken the 8MBPS plan for 1050 (25GB@8MBPS then 2MBPS) and I had a great service for 2 days with download speeds of 6-7 MBPS. after that I see a massive downgrade to 1 MBPS. My modem is D-Link 3750U ADSL2 model. I have complained twice to MTNL but I get a feeling they are ignoring me. Any suggestions?

Well, when did your plan get activated? What's the pro-rata usage you are supposed to get. (How much did you/have you consumed as per the portal?)

I suggest not jumping into conclusions, instead wait till a new month starts.

@Rahul
U must hav crossed ur FUP limit........ if u activated the plan 2 days ago then u will only get % of free GB's to the % of the days remaining in this month...... so u wont get the full 25GB for this month cycle.......
OR
There is this new problem going on these days...... speed drops to 1Mbps........ But problem is rectified by refreshing IP's along with Annex chgs.......

FUPed now. But, this what I'd been noticing before hitting my FUP, this 1mbit thing.
Restarting the modem would fix the issue.

Something weird is happening for last couple of days. I am getting full speed everywhere except YouTube.
Downloads/ other streaming sites No problem. But on YouTube i can watch videos on 360p only.
Anybody else ??

Youtube seems to be working just fine. On the contrary, decently fast. Does this happen with all videos/across devices/browsers?

Hi,
I'm planning to upgrade next month from Xpress 2mbps 1550 combo to this 8mbps 2350 combo. The telephone exchange is less than 1 or 2 km from my residence.
Also on my existing DSL modem maximum line rate it suggests I can get upto 10.60mbps down and 1.2mbps up, I've manuall set the modems modulation to G.DMT & ANNEX_A, because with these settings i don't get any kind of CRC errors as well as my line gives me my promised speed and reliability for weeks without single restart of the line. I'm not using MTNL's dabbha but my own TP-Link wi-fi router cum dsl modem.
Thanks for your feedbacks, Much appreciated to learn before I get to 8mbps.
Even 5 or 6 mbps consistently is much better than this 2mbps that takes me between 1.6 to 1.8 mbps only.
I also need the 2mbps upload for documents, remote assistance requests and for logging into my vps and dedicated remote servers, sending large attachments etc. The current upload i'm getting is pathetic 0.40mbps. (Takes 1 hour almost to upload like 50-60 mb file)
Regards from mumbai,
Nickd

Back