MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,025
@Ardzard

Distance is the reason, I guess. 2.6km road wise, can result in a 3km+ distance wiring wise. Not much you can do.

Does the wire that come from the junction box in your building to your apartment damaged?

Complain at pgportal.gov.in and see the magic :D

If nothing works, switch to a 4 Mbps plan.

@nicechap

At first glance, the beetel modem isn't really good. Can you borrow something like TP-Link from a friend?

Thank you. I will check with neighbors if anyone can lend a different modem to test. Btw, the same Beetel modem was working fine earlier, except for the frequent disconnection issue which I feel the linesman rightly attributed to damaged internal wiring.
Is there a way to check the latency in the connection?

@Nicechap

It is interesting issue, specially since you say torrent is working very well but browsing and any other things are not. And speedtest shows good results.

could you connect one of the device directly to mtnl router via lan cable, remove net gear connection, this is to ensure only one device is connected, check latency via ping and tracert to www host, check ping and tracert to ip address rather than host name, check browsing, ensure no other process is running in the background using Internet - for example torrent. Also check which dns are you using.

Do ping and tracert steps to nearest hops, it is most likely that it would be mtnl gateways or hosts.

Information gathered through this should help isolate root cause.

@techboy02, what MTNL are you on - which area? Have you tried visiting the MTNL website> Broadband > Check Usage?

Hmm.

@sanke1

If you're still around. Are you facing issues on YouTube too?

Sorry for late reply.
Obscure YouTube videos do suffer. But most of the popular ones are cached locally at Google's Mumbai server and stream at 1080p just fine.

Apart from that no issues what so ever.

Stats are stable too
7oJY0tI.png

@x720

Thanks for the help!
I called the lineman around 10 times in the past 3 days. He said he's going to send someone. No response. I put in a grievance on pgportal.
If nothing works out, I might just change my ISP. I'm not sure which ISP would be good though.

Back