MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,094
sanke1 said:
My stats after a week of no disconnects.
Will u not get more better stats with Annex A????...... I mean u r anyways restricted to 1Mbps upload..... so dont rly need Annex M........
I think downstream SNR & Max Rate will increase with Annex A

^^ You are right. But why fix if it ain't broke?

Checked home wiring also. Reconnected the main joints, insulated them (don't know if that makes a difference). Removed connections to any other room.
This has resulted in a small rise in SNR (to 6.9 Down/8.0 Up). Attainable rate is now > Plan rate.
Will re-crimping connectors help? (Obviously I'll need that crimping tool)

enkay said:
Checked home wiring also. Reconnected the main joints, insulated them (don't know if that makes a difference). Removed connections to any other room.
This has resulted in a small rise in SNR (to 6.9 Down/8.0 Up). Attainable rate is now > Plan rate.
Will re-crimping connectors help? (Obviously I'll need that crimping tool)
I had problems with my line too some yrs ago..... chking internal line was almost getting impossible...... so just bought a new CAT5 cable and re-did all the wiring frm splitter to main junction of the building...... since then its been wonders.....
I am 1.1km away frm xchg by road...... so overall must be arnd 2km of wire frm xchg....... getting 26-27db down SNR....... Attainable Rate down at 22.5Mbps..... on 8Mbps line....
Your almost same length...... so there is more room to improve...... must get somewhere arnd 15db....... so keep trying......
Keep an eye on stability/sessions...... not just the SNR numbers....... so if ur getting longer sessions than before...... means line is improving.......

panzer008 said:
I had problems with my line too some yrs ago..... chking internal line was almost getting impossible...... so just bought a new CAT5 cable and re-did all the wiring frm splitter to main junction of the building...... since then its been wonders.....
I am 1.1km away frm xchg by road...... so overall must be arnd 2km of wire frm xchg....... getting 26-27db down SNR....... Attainable Rate down at 22.5Mbps..... on 8Mbps line....
Your almost same length...... so there is more room to improve...... must get somewhere arnd 15db....... so keep trying......
Keep an eye on stability/sessions...... not just the SNR numbers....... so if ur getting longer sessions than before...... means line is improving.......
I live quite high up. Will be an expensive affair.
I saw couple of 10 hour sessions from yesterday. Today's been more or less 3-5 minutes per session (as seen on MTNL's website)

Just booked the plan this morning and the aunty said that it will be active in 24-48 hrs... i asked if i need to call any other number to increase my speeds, she said no... so keeping my finger crossed....im migrating from 2mbps to 8mbps...i hope i dont have to run to the exchange for anything...

Back