MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,094
Hi friends got my speed profile changed by calling the number given. However major issues. Any help will be appreciated... Disconnections happening every 15 mins. My snr margin has dropped from 26 and 14db to 14 and 8db... My modem is the standard WiFi adsl2+cpe model... What should I do. My speeds are around fluctuating between 6 to 7mbps which is fine since I am 1.5km from the exchange.. please help... Do I need a need a new routerThese are my stats. Downstream Upstream SNR Margin:14.1 8.0 dbLine Attenuation:40.0 21.8 dbData Rate:8192 1112 kbpsMax Rate:17220 1200 kbpsPOWER:18.3 12.3 dbmCRC:100 0

New router may not solve the problem. This is what your line can support. Stats seem about right.
I had the same problem initially, but connection is now relatively stable.

kartoonz said:
Should I get line bonding then... Maybe just observe the connection
No...... dont do tht..... let it stabilize on its own...... use ADSL2+ modulation with Annex M for stability.....
No new router required......

panzer008 said:
No...... dont do tht..... let it stabilize on its own...... use ADSL2+ modulation with Annex M for stability.....
No new router required......
sorry bro i may sound noob but how do i do as you said?? thanks for replying...
Update: the connection seems stable as of now.. but lets wait and see... @ Panzer pls give me steps just in case... I will keep everyone posted on the results... I am using a tool called internetconnectivitymonitor to monitor the disconnections...

Dont chg any settings for now....... let it stabilize with current settings......
Find ur "DSL Modulation" option....... mostly in the Setup page....... it should already have "ADSL2+" selected...... option to chg "Annex Type" will be in the same option or below depending on router..... chg frm "Annex A" to "Annex M".......

panzer008 said:
Dont chg any settings for now....... let it stabilize with current settings......
Find ur "DSL Modulation" option....... mostly in the Setup page....... it should already have "ADSL2+" selected...... option to chg "Annex Type" will be in the same option or below depending on router..... chg frm "Annex A" to "Annex M".......
this shit is timing out every 10 minutes....I have changed the settings to Annex M as advised by you.... i will monitor the connection and see for the next few hrs and see how it goes
No luck... still disconnecting... I did the following...
1) changed to annex m - no luck still disconnecting
2) changed back to annex a - still disconnecting. happens every 10 mins or 20 mins
Please advise what should i do??

x720 said:
G.DMT
Switch to this for a bit and try.
He cant go G.dmt now....... since it doesnt support 8Mbps..... then his sync rate will be higher than his max rate.....
I hav tried it...... connection doesnt stay stable even for 1 min....... so dont try G.dmt on 8Mbps

Solution may be chai paani to linesman. I'm going thru the same ordeal right now. I'm switching back to 2mbps cheapo plan and switching to hathaway for Hi speed 50mbps plan.

Back