MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,094
sanke1 said:
I had the exact same problem. For me, buying a TP-link TD8817 modem solved the problem completely.
You changed modems for disconnections?My disconnections have stabilized for now. Can see 10 hour sessions. Using a beetle 110TC1. This TP-Link is tempting.

I will also try changing to g.dmt and post resultstried changing to G.DMT, however its even worse on it :( i have reverted back to the original settings of auto sync and annex a. time outs are happening even more frequently and speeds have dropped to 0.2mbps!!!
@ Sankel, can you pls shed some light on how the TP-Link may prove helpful... i can get it, however in case it doesnt work then i may have to revert back to the 2mbps plans :( bloody hell....

kartoonz said:
Wouldn't the adsl2 modem be sufficient? Just asking the technical reason for it. :) I dont mind buying but I am just curious to know. Also is this router WiFi enabled?
No it is not WIFI. Usually it is best to keep the ADSL part of the connection on a different modem (Because ADSL Modem chipsets are not dd-wrtable :tongue:)

kartoonz said:
@ Sankel, can you pls shed some light on how the TP-Link may prove helpful... i can get it, however in case it doesnt work then i may have to revert back to the 2mbps plans :( bloody hell....
TP-Link modem is more stable at my place.

Give it a few days to see if the connection stabilizes. Same thing happened here and I almost bought the TP-Link (which wouldn't have been a bad idea anyway).
Now I see SNR margins touching up to 10 at times, and getting 10:00 hour sessions also.

x720 said:
G.DMT works upto 8mbps and 1mbps upload. Works perfectly fine at my end.
Then u must be less than 1Km frm xchg and hav gr8 stats to get "Max Attainable Rate" upto 8Mbps......... I am 1.1Km frm xchg..... so I get 6Mbps "Max Attainable Rate" on G.dmt...... which then conflicts with 8Mbps sync speed........ and starts dc'ing every min......

Back