MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,093
panzer008 said:
Then u must be less than 1Km frm xchg and hav gr8 stats to get "Max Attainable Rate" upto 8Mbps......... I am 1.1Km frm xchg..... so I get 6Mbps "Max Attainable Rate" on G.dmt...... which then conflicts with 8Mbps sync speed........ and starts dc'ing every min......
maybe thats why it didnt work for me... net became slow and also i live 1.4km from the exchange... btw two questions please
1) what exactly does line bonding mean?
2) why am i facing more disconnections from 6pm onwards and at night at around 12am and later doesnt connect... during the afternoon the time outs are very less... perhaps once in an hour or couple of hours?

kartoonz said:
1) what exactly does line bonding mean?
They combine 2 seperate tele lines into 1 line...... they will start 4Mbps on each line..... so when it combines together it gives u ur 8Mbps speed....... special router is required to do this.......
This is only for those who dont get "Max Attainable Rate" above 8Mbps....... u already hav "Max Rate" at 17Mbps...... so u dont need this.......

Thanks for explaining. So my disconnect issues won't solve with line bonding? My speeds are 6.8mbps but as you know the connection is still dropping. I have logged a complaint on 198. Lets see what happens tomorrow

Update: guys the wireman from mtnl came today and said that there is an issue from prabhadevi exchange and no issues from the local exchange. Im served by Vakola exchange. He said that the plan change shouldnt affect the disconnections. the wait game starts... i will wait for a couple of days and then perhaps call 12540 again... :(

enkay said:
Can you post your ADSL stats? SNR & all can't possibly be due to a problem at prabhadevi.
Im not at home, but my SNR during the day is fluctuating between 8-11db and at night i get between 5-7db... My attentuation is at 40db... When the modem disconnects all the ADSL stats display NA... I dont know if im making any sense here...

i know bro... but i'll just give them a BOD as of now and then logde a complaint again...grrr....why the hell do we not deserve a decent high speed connection.... look at the world stats, and here we are still struggling to reach even 10 mbps...

Stats remain unchanged (poor). However, I am synced at my planned speed, so I guess I can't really complain.

Here are my stats. Do you face disconnections at all??Downstream Upstream SNR Margin:7.6 7.5 dbLine Attenuation:40.0 21.6 dbData Rate:8192 1116 kbpsMax Rate:13392 1204 kbpsPOWER:19.3 12.3 dbmCRC:272 1

Back