MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,094
I'm migrating back to the 2mbps from 4mbps as my modem disconnections are every 3 minutes and I simply cannot work productively any more. Tried 2 modems already.

shethsa said:
I'm migrating back to the 2mbps from 4mbps as my modem disconnections are every 3 minutes and I simply cannot work productively any more. Tried 2 modems already.
which 4mbps plan??

kreacher10 said:
@Suhel: What newz about your TP-Link modem??
Well asked the shop owner to change it, he didnt have another one, he said he has ordered i will go on saturday to collect it and give it another try.
hopefully it shouldnt be as painfull..

Called up 12540 and the babu said profile will be changed in 15mins. Still no luck. I guess I will have to go to the exchange tomorrow

kartoonz said:
Called up 12540 and the babu said profile will be changed in 15mins. Still no luck. I guess I will have to go to the exchange tomorrow
Tht happened to me too....... more like 3 times...... everytime they said its done...... its still not done....... so went to xchg...... they chged it in 2mins.......

panzer008 said:
Tht happened to me too....... more like 3 times...... everytime they said its done...... its still not done....... so went to xchg...... they chged it in 2mins.......
Damm still not changed!!!! why do they say its done on the phone.. these morons are useless... BTW panzer whom should i speak to at the exchange... also please shed some light on your speeds...

kartoonz said:
Damm still not changed!!!! why do they say its done on the phone.. these morons are useless... BTW panzer whom should i speak to at the exchange... also please shed some light on your speeds...
Just speak to the broadband in-charge....... they will ask u for ur phone number and verify tht atleast 24Hrs hav passed since the plan change....... then they just find ur MAC id frm u phone number..... put it in another PC....... where u can see hundreds of speed profiles........ make sure they choose 8Mbps/2Mbps DL/UL respectively...... they will show it to u as well if they r in good mood......
Then I just called at home the nxt min..... got the router restarted and got the favourable reply of speed chg...... was so simple......
I live 1.1Km frm xchg so dont get full 8Mbps...... but am happy with anything above 800KBps...... I get arnd 810-840KBps......
This is avg speed after 8Hrs of downloading:

This is Speedtest.net : (Speedtest is giving probs with undefined links so here is screenshot)

panzer008 said:
Just speak to the broadband in-charge....... they will ask u for ur phone number and verify tht atleast 24Hrs hav passed since the plan change....... then they just find ur MAC id frm u phone number..... put it in another PC....... where u can see hundreds of speed profiles........ make sure they choose 8Mbps/2Mbps DL/UL respectively...... they will show it to u as well if they r in good mood......
Then I just called at home the nxt min..... got the router restarted and got the favourable reply of speed chg...... was so simple......
I live 1.1Km frm xchg so dont get full 8Mbps...... but am happy with anything above 800KBps...... I get arnd 810-840KBps......
This is avg speed after 8Hrs of downloading:

This is Speedtest.net : (Speedtest is giving probs with undefined links so here is screenshot)
cool that speed is still pretty amazing... i would also be satisfied with it... thanks for the tip.. will post more results tomorrow morning... :) hopefully i should be all sorted

Back