MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,093
enkay and sanke1 thanks for the input..

I stay within 3km from my mtnl exchange... I called 1504 few mins back..that aunty gave me a number -0224361221 and told me to call it and inform about plan change..let's hope someone pickups the phone being 2nd Saturday today...
I remember when I switched to 4 mbps plan 2 yrs back,I faced the same problem of speed not being updated..that time too I had called a number to get my speed updated..don't remember if it is the same number or not...
Btw did anyone of you guys faced the same issue of speed not being updated?? If yes then what steps did you take?? Please advice.
Have a nice day guys :peaceful:
kartoonz said:
dont wait for 1-2 days, the speed will never change on its own,,, call 12540 and ask them to change it manually...
update---
as advised..I have even called this number..the aunty that received the call said me that she will call Prabhadevi office and will ask to change the speed..speed should change in 1-2 hrs ..let's see what happens..

I had to share these stats::D :D

@x720
am guessing these r not ur stats......... coz I always thought ur on 8Mbps......
Those r some excellent stats...... I dont think the ppl in the xchg must be getting these either...... lol

Still can't beat me :D

But damn when will Bsnl launch some sensible plans to make use of such line. :angry:

AbhishekS said:
Are these stats fine?
Absolutely perfect as long as you are having 10hr sessions and no line resyncs are taking place. Though your upstream rate is pushing the boundaries of Annex M modulation, you can try calling them up and reducing upstream sync rate to 1024 kbps if things get unmanageable.

To those guys on BSNL connections boasting about their line stats, you guys are synced at 2 mbps downstream.
Talk to us when you get synced at 8 Mbps or higher and 1-2 Mbps on upstream. :P

Guess BSNL will never do that ever.

SNR margin for me has never gone over 7
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin:
6.0 8.4 db
Line Attenuation
:
14.6 11.6 db
Data Rate
:
9624 989 kbps

Only good thing is I get around 8.10 Mbps download speed on 8 Mbps connection, but frequent disconnections keep happening. Dont know what else to do cant change line from the junction box till my flat and there is no inhouse wiring too using it straight from telephone point at home.

Suhel said:
SNR margin for me has never gone over 7
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin:
6.0 8.4 db
Line Attenuation
:
14.6 11.6 db
Data Rate
:
9624 989 kbps

Only good thing is I get around 8.10 Mbps download speed on 8 Mbps connection, but frequent disconnections keep happening. Dont know what else to do cant change line from the junction box till my flat and there is no inhouse wiring too using it straight from telephone point at home.
how often is it getting disconnected? Mine today disconnected already 4 times in 2 hrs...

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin​
:​
15.6 7.5 db
Line Attenuation​
40.0 21.6 db
Data Rate​
8192 1120 kbps
Max Rate​
18144 1208 kbps
POWER​
19.3 12.3 dbm
CRC​
1977 24
sanke1 said:
Absolutely perfect as long as you are having 10hr sessions and no line resyncs are taking place. Though your upstream rate is pushing the boundaries of Annex M modulation, you can try calling them up and reducing upstream sync rate to 1024 kbps if things get unmanageable.To those guys on BSNL connections boasting about their line stats, you guys are synced at 2 mbps downstream.Talk to us when you get synced at 8 Mbps or higher and 1-2 Mbps on upstream. :tongue:Guess BSNL will never do that ever.
lol...

Back