MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,093
@SuhelNo option. You have to change the cable from junction box to your modem. Your attenuation is low. So your line has ample scope for improvement.I have learnt the hard way. The older modems of Baba Hazam era cannot handle Annex M modulation. So mere switching to current gen modems like TP-Link TD8817 or D-Link 2520U can make the connection more stable.

sanke1 said:
@SuhelNo option. You have to change the cable from junction box to your modem. Your attenuation is low. So your line has ample scope for improvement.I have learnt the hard way. The older modems of Baba Hazam era cannot handle Annex M modulation. So mere switching to current gen modems like TP-Link TD8817 or D-Link 2520U can make the connection more stable.
I got an TP Link W8968 but the earlier issue is still there, the PPPOE connection doesnt connect got it changed from the owner but still same thing. think will have to give some chai pani and ask the mtnl bhaiyya to help out

enkay said:
I'm curious to see how much of an SNR gain will switching to a TP-Link make. Given that I've never gone over 8 DB on SNR.
Stability is more important than SNR gain as you should technically have a stable connection if your SNR remains constant at 8 dbm.

sanke1 said:
Stability is more important than SNR gain as you should technically have a stable connection if your SNR remains constant at 8 dbm.
That way I think my connection is decently stable. Drops only when I use another cable (from the wall to the ADSL modem). I see atleast one 10 hr session almost every day.

guys..speed got updated ..getting speed upto 6.95Mbps.. Is there anything I should do to further improve speed or do you guys too get speed in 6.95-7.10Mbps speed range??
special thanks to kartoonz...had he not given me the advice of calling 12540 I would have been still wondering why my speed wasn't updated..thanks a lot bro...

also if anyone has time can you guys please explain what is this SNR and attenuation and all other terms to do with speed improvement..Had studied these terms in my 2nd year of computer engineering but never paid attention to it.lolzz

Please suggest me something. Take a look at this video
http://youtu.be/PAEcnprMrs8
Problem is, It starts with full speed then drops rapidly, so ultimately i get 2-3 MBPS only. Check out my SNR. It was previously for last 2 months was in 60-62. Now it is 67. It is improved, but i am facing this problem. At nights, my SNR remains in 60s only, but speed becomes proper without loss.
What could be the issue? Line or MTNL ??

Rohit try doing a ping test on pingtest.net to see if there are any problems related to packet loss or high jitter . Also try some other speed test website or some other country server like Singapore or hong kong and check your speed .

Thundurus said:
Rohit try doing a ping test on pingtest.net to see if there are any problems related to packet loss or high jitter . Also try some other speed test website or some other country server like Singapore or hong kong and check your speed .
As i said. Everything is great in time slots of night to morning. Other servers i get in the range of 6 mbps to 8-9 MBPS. Some even full 10 mbps. In day time only it goes down.
Is it load on the server, my line conditions or what i don't know.
But if my line conditio is changed, then there should have been some varience in Sync rates and SNR. But both remained same. Infact SNR value increased by 4.

@panzerThose are indeed my stats. But on bsnl :p@sanke1I doubt switching to 8mbit will affect my stats much. But that's a distant dream with bsnl :(

Back