MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,092
I sometimes call 1504 to reset my connection when there is a problem.... so they tell me to Turn Off the router...... then they reset the connection.......
Sometimes it helps...... sometimes it doesnt...... but in ur case it might help......
Try to keep the TP-Link router ON for 24Hrs on ur connection....... so whenever ur session expires u might get to register the new router.....
But this is the first time I am hearing abt this problem......

This sessions and authentication problem was there on older Ericsson based systems MTNL had. They usually begin with 59.xx IP range. The MAC ID of the ADSL Modem gets bound to the telehpne number in their DSLAM. So if you change the modem, you have to contact them or it gets refreshed in 1-2 days.
This could be similar in your case. But I cannot confirm.

@sankel
am still on the old Ericsson system....... IP 59.x.x.x ........ also when I went to chg my speed....... the madam incharge did say I am on the Ericsson system so she could chg my speed profile frm her PC.....

hey guys,
guess what....its a success !!!!! I kept the old modem closed 2-3 hours now connected this modem straight and it worked !! it was the same issue.
Thanks everyone for your help and inputs !!
sanke1 said:
This sessions and authentication problem was there on older Ericsson based systems MTNL had. They usually begin with 59.xx IP range. The MAC ID of the ADSL Modem gets bound to the telehpne number in their DSLAM. So if you change the modem, you have to contact them or it gets refreshed in 1-2 days.
This could be similar in your case. But I cannot confirm.
I also think i am connected to their old server coz when i called 12540 he said ur port is on the old server and gave another server room no to talk to to increase the profile speed. but I think thats an advantage coz when he increased the profile I am getting following speed

Slight increase in SNR stats after connecting with TP-Link from my old Sterlite modem, I will still see ant atlk to my electrician to see how much will be cost to change line from junction box till home
Upstream Downstream Current Rate (Kbps) 1081 10240 Max Rate (Kbps) 1089 11344 SNR Margin (dB) 7.8 7.1 Line Attenuation (dB) 9.3 15.3 Occupancy (%) 99 90 Errors (Pkts) 0 0

@kartoonz
Patience my frnd..... all in good time.......
@Suhel
Yes...... pls get the line chged....... it should make a world of difference........
Also keep us posted on the new router.......

Update: spoke to the manger over the phone. He sent two linesman at home. They said that "line to barabar hai sir. prabhadevi se server issues hoga. Agar modem par internet ki light nahi aa rahi toh prabhadevi se issues hai..."The modem disconnected once before him however he did not acknowledge that & said that modem to connected hai sir. I showed him the logs or ping test. He spoke to someone over the phone and advised to change the port. He said if that also doesn't fix the issue then they will change the modem. This will go on for a couple of days now. Lets see what happens. If things go out of hand then I will file a case in consumer court and send them legal notice...
Guys can someone help me out with the appellate authority email or phone no? cant seem to find it on the website...the one's mentioned are dead emails and my mails have bounced back

kartoonz said:
Update: spoke to the manger over the phone. He sent two linesman at home. They said that "line to barabar hai sir. prabhadevi se server issues hoga. Agar modem par internet ki light nahi aa rahi toh prabhadevi se issues hai..."The modem disconnected once before him however he did not acknowledge that & said that modem to connected hai sir. I showed him the logs or ping test. He spoke to someone over the phone and advised to change the port. He said if that also doesn't fix the issue then they will change the modem. This will go on for a couple of days now. Lets see what happens. If things go out of hand then I will file a case in consumer court and send them legal notice...
Guys can someone help me out with the appellate authority email or phone no? cant seem to find it on the website...the one's mentioned are dead emails and my mails have bounced back
What modem make and model are you using?
From my personal experience, my earlier Netgear DGND3300 was dropping connection left and right but the newer TP-Link TD8817 has not dropped the connection since the time I installed it.
My main concern is post FUP, MTNL is giving speeds between 1 - 1.3 Mbps and NOT 1.5 Mbps. I hate this aggressive throttling.

There's a huge disconnected between what the linesmen know and what is required for an ADSL connection.
I asked my linesman how he knows there's no noise in the ADSL line - he answered by picking up my phone and saying "disturbance isn't there, hence no noise".

Kartoonz, I've faced similar problems. The linesmen came over and changed my Chinese made modem cum router to an ancient looking Indian dabba without a router, despite which my disconnections remained. Finally bought a D-Link modem cum router which appears to be working fine now.

Back