MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,092
sanke1 said:
What modem make and model are you using?
From my personal experience, my earlier Netgear DGND3300 was dropping connection left and right but the newer TP-Link TD8817 has not dropped the connection since the time I installed it.
My main concern is post FUP, MTNL is giving speeds between 1 - 1.3 Mbps and NOT 1.5 Mbps. I hate this aggressive throttling.
im am using the modem provided by mtnl, it thinks its the DNA 2012 wifi modem. I dont know if changing to the new modem they provide will help, but its worth a try...
enkay said:
There's a huge disconnected between what the linesmen know and what is required for an ADSL connection.
I asked my linesman how he knows there's no noise in the ADSL line - he answered by picking up my phone and saying "disturbance isn't there, hence no noise".
bingo... thats what even this linesman did... crap...
shethsa said:
Kartoonz, I've faced similar problems. The linesmen came over and changed my Chinese made modem cum router to an ancient looking Indian dabba without a router, despite which my disconnections remained. Finally bought a D-Link modem cum router which appears to be working fine now.
perhaps i will try that, but i want them to first rule out the line fault...
BTW anyone can provide me the contact for the appellate authority for MTNL...

Was at the MTNL exchange for full 5 hours. Went there to check direct MDF connection.
Was getting 512 Kbps in the exchange itself for my 10 MBPS VDSL line. For whole 5 hours they did everything. Changed my port, to and fro calling to prabhadevi etc.... But no solution.
Again going tomorrow.
Atleast its not the line fault at my end

rohitkpatil said:
Atleast its not the line fault at my end
How would you come to this conclusion? just checking... seems like im not the only one here.... if they have already checked at prabhadevi, whats next then?

kartoonz said:
lol... seems like im not the only one here.... if they have already checked at prabhadevi, whats next then?
but i do not have disconnection issue at all. I have speed issue. I guess you do not have that.
So if the exchange itself is not getting it, that means some hardware fault in case of VDSL. Yours is ADSL..So no idea.

rohitkpatil said:
Was getting 512 Kbps in the exchange itself for my 10 MBPS VDSL line. For whole 5 hours they did everything. Changed my port, to and fro calling to prabhadevi etc.... But no solution. Again going tomorrow. Atleast its not the line fault at my end
With VDSL we all knew it was never a line fault. It's their horribly misconfigured Radius server which aggressively throttles our internet. Once you are on 512 kbps, its better to not use the internet at all.

sanke1 said:
With VDSL we all knew it was never a line fault. It's their horribly misconfigured Radius server which aggressively throttles our internet. Once you are on 512 kbps, its better to not use the internet at all.
With my profile reset, port changed, even with increased profile of download (20 Mbps /10 mbps), in the heart of exchange itself the speed is 512 Kbps. I can not imagine that at all.

x720 said:
shethsa said:
Many years ago when I had a complete lack of response from mtnl I wrote to DoT and cc'd mid day, ToI etc. Within 15 days got a response and problem resolved. Maybe you can do that
x720 said:
pgportal.gov.in
Thank you guys I have posted a complaint...Spoke to the gdm and he advised to change the port. I dont how that will help? The linesmans at the exchange are closing the docket without my consent...

^^^
Maybe it might help.......
Also.... u must try using a newer router for a few days if possible..... maybe the old routers r not able to handle 8Mbps.....

Back