MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,092
^^^
Yesterday there was some prob with MTNL....... 2 of my frnds in Vile Parle didnt hav PPPoE frm 7PM-11PM..... they r on the 120.x.x.x .......
am in Borivali..... on 59.x.x.x ...... so didnt hav any problems.......
@kartoonz
lol wtf....... they got u stability at the cost of speed....... time to get back to 12540 again...... or visit the xchg if ur on Ericsson system.......

I called 12540 however he asked me to call another landline number swee my port has been changed. I called up the number and he said that the systems are down and will take time to update the speed profile I don't know but I might have to wait until tomorrow I guess...My srn on 2mbps is @ 35db. never had any disconnections on 2mbps...@ panzer how do I check if I am on Ericsson?

kartoonz said:
I called 12540 however he asked me to call another landline number swee my port has been changed. I called up the number and he said that the systems are down and will take time to update the speed profileI don't know but I might have to wait until tomorrow I guess...My srn on 2mbps is @ 35db. never had any disconnections on 2mbps...@ panzer how do I check if I am on Ericsson?
wht is ur IP?...... if its 59.x.x.x then ur on Ericsson....... if on Ericsson, u can goto xchg to update ur speed...... 2mins job as long as person is present.....
Btw I use to get 35-39dB SNR on 2Mbps too........ when I got 8Mbps....... it dropped to 27dB...... so I think they hav chged ur line/port or something...... so SNR shouldnt drop below 10 again.........

panzer008 said:
wht is ur IP?...... if its 59.x.x.x then ur on Ericsson....... if on Ericsson, u can goto xchg to update ur speed...... 2mins job as long as person is present..... Btw I use to get 35-39dB SNR on 2Mbps too........ when I got 8Mbps....... it dropped to 27dB...... so I think they hav chged ur line/port or something...... so SNR shouldnt drop below 10 again.........
I hope so.. I'm not at home so I will check at night...BTW the bridge mode everyone is talking about, will that work with the existing mtnl adsl modem i have, if i get the TP-Link router you all have mentioned? Sorry if i sound stupid but i not geek with all this stuff... :)
x720 said:
Haha. See the pgportal thing through, it shall lead you to salvation. :D
Thanks for this bro. It has certainly got their attention. i got a call from the dgm of my exchange sometime I back and he said that he has changed my line and port. And he said "aap no Koi bhi problem ho to mujhe call kijeye". Now if the line is fine then i will get a new modem as you all have suggested.

panzer008 said:
^^^
Yesterday there was some prob with MTNL....... 2 of my frnds in Vile Parle didnt hav PPPoE frm 7PM-11PM..... they r on the 120.x.x.x .......
am in Borivali..... on 59.x.x.x ...... so didnt hav any problems.......
@kartoonz
lol wtf....... they got u stability at the cost of speed....... time to get back to 12540 again...... or visit the xchg if ur on Ericsson system.......
I was having disconnections yesterday and pings were timing out a lot. I had complained and today they called saying they had server issues and it is sorted. I checked today and atleast now the pings are not timing out. The guy on the phone said they are having server issues since 12 dec.

Suhel said:
I was having disconnections yesterday and pings were timing out a lot. I had complained and today they called saying they had server issues and it is sorted. I checked today and atleast now the pings are not timing out. The guy on the phone said they are having server issues since 12 dec.
Yes there was some issue yesterday...... but the net came back at 11PM so me & my frnd got to play online for 1Hr........ no timeouts for him in tht 1 hr......
r u in the same area??..... few stations up/down Parle??...... net was down for a long time last few days coz of server issues....... with IP 120.x.x.x.....

panzer008 said:
Yes there was some issue yesterday...... but the net came back at 11PM so me & my frnd got to play online for 1Hr........ no timeouts for him in tht 1 hr......
r u in the same area??..... few stations up/down Parle??...... net was down for a long time last few days coz of server issues....... with IP 120.x.x.x.....
i am in jogeshwari west. i think i am on the old servers my ip is 59.x.x...

Suhel said:
i am in jogeshwari west. i think i am on the old servers my ip is 59.x.x...
i am too from Jogeshwari west exchange. I am Still facing speed issue. What about you ? My ip range is 120.xx.xx

rohitkpatil said:
i am too from Jogeshwari west exchange. I am Still facing speed issue. What about you ? My ip range is 120.xx.xx
you would be on the new server, what speed issue? whats ur plan and how much are you getting. post your stats. log in a complain on the selfcare website. i had logged in a complain yesterday and two ppl visited my home and said the server issue was there since 12 and it has been rectified.

@rohitkpatil
Ur on VDSL..... so rly cant compare service....... ADSL will always be better than VDSL since MTNL doesnt know how to set it up....... plus there is no default settings for VDSL tht they can apply..... also VDSL service radius degrades faster than ADSL radius........
Router choice is also not present in VDSL...... ur stuck with wht MTNL provides..... so cant compare which router suits better.......

Back