MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,091
Suhel said:
you would be on the new server, what speed issue? whats ur plan and how much are you getting. post your stats. log in a complain on the selfcare website. i had logged in a complain yesterday and two ppl visited my home and said the server issue was there since 12 and it has been rectified.
I am having very low speeds (512 kbps - 1 mbps) in the day and full speed 10 Mbps in night. No line drops /disconnections. my complaint is already with DGM, GM, and everybody looking in to it.
The thing is, right in the exchange itself in MDF i am not getting the speed. Prabhadevi team and the exchange itself now clueless. Received the call from GM stating no matter what he will resolve my problem.
Getting 2-3 calls already, so they are working on this issue which is little different.
panzer008 said:
@rohitkpatil
Ur on VDSL..... so rly cant compare service....... ADSL will always be better than VDSL since MTNL doesnt know how to set it up....... plus there is no default settings for VDSL tht they can apply..... also VDSL service radius degrades faster than ADSL radius........
Router choice is also not present in VDSL...... ur stuck with wht MTNL provides..... so cant compare which router suits better.......
There are multiple speed profiles, and they are trying everything. If the exchnge itself is not getting the speed, then i don't think it is anything related to the VDSL radius. VDSL radius will only apply to my actual location.
Must be some complex..or may be very simple glitch which i don't know (even they can't figuer it out). But as per exchnage its not a bandwidth issue. As recently MTNL has bought very big bandwidth and lot is remaining spare with every exchange.
Lets see. I hope some solution will be given soon.

lol...just when i was about to post no disconnections since 5.30pm till now, the net got disconnected and is now constantly disconnecting & slow speeds... getting 0.5mbps
So two question guys
1) why it would start disconnecting after 12.00am even though line has been changed by mtnl
2) the DGM said that he changed the port. what does that mean? i had to call another number to change my speed profile today...
My SNR is 6.0db
shethsa said:
Massive drops happening right now. Not funny
where do you stay
sanke1 said:
No drops working fine.
The mtnl box outside my housr is all messed up... Would that cause disconnect issues?

kartoonz said:
The mtnl box outside my housr is all messed up... Would that cause disconnect issues?
The MTNL box in my building is the worst. See the pic in that thread. But as long as the joints are perfectly sealed and insulated, it will not matter much. But having a new wire from junction box directly to your modem is the best way.

disconnections happening since yesterday, i have asked them to change my port to the new server. he said he will do it. will see if that makes any difference .

sanke1 said:
The MTNL box in my building is the worst. See the pic in that thread. But as long as the joints are perfectly sealed and insulated, it will not matter much. But having a new wire from junction box directly to your modem is the best way.
I will speak to the dgm and see if he can get me a direct line.
Suhel said:
disconnections happening since yesterday, i have asked them to change my port to the new server. he said he will do it. will see if that makes any difference .
The only difference it made here is that no disconnections during day but at night is worse.

Back