MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,091
Happy to post...Problem solved .. back to Full speed whole day .. :pleasantry:

update: i had been at the exchange and spent 2 hrs there... met the broadband incharge,,, took my modem for testing and was fine... he changed my speed profile to 3.7mbps and said will monitor the connection...also my port has been changed to 120.xx.xx.xx...he said he wil monitor the connection...lets see..pffff...
rohitkpatil said:
Happy to post...Problem solved .. back to Full speed whole day .. :pleasantry:
lucky you

kartoonz said:
he changed my speed profile to 3.7mbps and said will monitor the connection...
Why 3.7Mbps??........ they dont think Line Att of 40+dB can handle 8Mbps??

panzer008 said:
Why 3.7Mbps??........ they dont think Line Att of 40+dB can handle 8Mbps??
he said that he needs to monitor the connection for tonight and check if the connection remains stable... i dont know why i never thought about this, but i will try the modem in parallel connection in my hall and check how the connection reacts...

had loads of issues today.... the broadband incharge increased speed to 6mbps to check the stability however the net wet kaput....now since 4.30 pm back online after speaking to prabhadevi exchange... i am considering buying the TP-LINK TD-W8968
https://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-td-w8968-300-mbps-wireless-n-usb-adsl2-modem-router/p/itmdggsyph7ytbfx?pid=RTRDGGQ754BDWH7U&otracker=from-search&srno=t_11&query=adsl+modem&ref=4a98d488-1774-4c14-8498-fa8a667f2566

kartoonz said:
had loads of issues today.... the broadband incharge increased speed to 6mbps to check the stability however the net wet kaput....now since 4.30 pm back online after speaking to prabhadevi exchange... i am considering buying the TP-LINK TD-W8968
https://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-td-w8968-300-mbps-wireless-n-usb-adsl2-modem-router/p/itmdggsyph7ytbfx?pid=RTRDGGQ754BDWH7U&otracker=from-search&srno=t_11&query=adsl+modem&ref=4a98d488-1774-4c14-8498-fa8a667f2566
I have bought the same model, it did increase the SNR margin by 1 or 2 but the disconnections still happen. I have noticed these ppl dont do anything just wait one dya and call next day asking if the problem is resolved.! today I told him straight the problem is not resolved and dont keep asking unless you change the port to new server. now he said they will shift me to new server on monday. will see now what they do on monday , till then have to bear the disconnections.

Suhel said:
I have bought the same model, it did increase the SNR margin by 1 or 2 but the disconnections still happen. I have noticed these ppl dont do anything just wait one dya and call next day asking if the problem is resolved.! today I told him straight the problem is not resolved and dont keep asking unless you change the port to new server. now he said they will shift me to new server on monday. will see now what they do on monday , till then have to bear the disconnections.
Damm and i thought i will try that out.... i will ask my dad to speak to the broadband incharge next week... he is an electrician and will make sense when talking to him and probably ask for a direct line from the junction to my house...
how often are your disconnections??

OMG i feel like shit.... :russianroulette:
your line attenuation is also great... you must be within 1 km of the exchange!!

Back