MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,091
kartoonz said:
OMG i feel like shit.... :russianroulette:
your line attenuation is also great... you must be within 1 km of the exchange!!
I am 200 metres from exchange. But wiring distance is 900 metres. That sucks lol.

Today, I've achieved immortality :Bar:

Exactly. I used to get 0 ms to a server in my city a while ago too. I do not remember what Server it was, but they fixed it after some time.

wow lucky chaps... @rohit hows your net holding on?? my issue is still persistent and these guys are into all sort of tests and keep changing my speed profile to check which is more stable. yesterday they changed me over to 4mbps and i got a steady 10hr session... i called up the AM in the bandra telephone exchange and he said that he is looking into the issue... still keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle to happen...
If the issue is not fixed i will perhaps get the combo 1749 4mbps plan which is atleast steady and good enough to play 1080p videos

kartoonz said:
wow lucky chaps... @rohit hows your net holding on?? my issue is still persistent and these guys are into all sort of tests and keep changing my speed profile to check which is more stable. yesterday they changed me over to 4mbps and i got a steady 10hr session... i called up the AM in the bandra telephone exchange and he said that he is looking into the issue... still keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle to happen...
If the issue is not fixed i will perhaps get the 4mbps plan which is atleast steady and good enough to play 1080p videos
working fine (touch wood :playful: ) Disconnection was never a problem. Speed was, but solved. It was a problem from Prabhadevi only.
If from very beginning you are facing disconnections for higher speed, then i think its your line fault only. Why don't you check what speed you get on your line in exchange MDF ?? You should get full speed ther, with highest stability / SNR.
If the SNR in the exchange itself is low, then exchange needs to improve some things. Ask for line diversion or whatever else they can offer. but first check it in the exchange, then compare it with your place. Find the losses.

rohitkpatil said:
working fine (touch wood :playful: ) Disconnection was never a problem. Speed was, but solved. It was a problem from Prabhadevi only.
If from very beginning you are facing disconnections for higher speed, then i think its your line fault only. Why don't you check what speed you get on your line in exchange MDF ?? You should get full speed ther, with highest stability / SNR.
If the SNR in the exchange itself is low, then exchange needs to improve some things. Ask for line diversion or whatever else they can offer. but first check it in the exchange, then compare it with your place. Find the losses.
they already checked that... i took my modem to the exchange MDF and the snr and line attenuation were very good... speed test also showed good result...they have checked the line and also diverted the line but still no luck... dont know what else is left to check...

Back