MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,092
panzer008 said:
^^^
Maybe it might help.......
Also.... u must try using a newer router for a few days if possible..... maybe the old routers r not able to handle 8Mbps.....
again 2 line man came to my premises and i unfortunately im not at home... my sister showed them the ping logs, however, they still rant the same shit that abhi to connected dikha raha hai... they called up someone and the other idiot on the line said that it could be possible it could be website issue... this is going nowhere... which wifi-modem would you suggest... i will give it a try...

Buy a standard TP-Link modem, router can be bought later.

sanke1 said:
TP-Link TD8817 (modem only, no wifi)How many times has this modem been recommended in this thread yet people ask for recommendations. Sucks.
chill bro.. i know about the wired modem... thats why i specifically asked for wifi modem...

You are better off having a router + modem setup. That way your router can be a good quality one and dd-wrted (if needed), or just router upgraded in the future.
Without an ADSL connection, ADSL 2 in 1 boxes are pointless.

update: got a call from a lady from the bandra exchange who seemed very nice and responded well to my complaint -
i had raised the issue on pgportal.gov.in as advised by x720 & shethsa...then i got a call from the local lines man and as instructed to him by the GDM of my exchange, he said that they are putting the line in a different cable, or perhaps creating a diversion...dont know what exactly was said since my sister spoke to him... i will have to monitor the connection today and check...
damn these idiots... they have reduced my speeds to 2mbps... no wonder why the connection was steady for 6hrs...

Back