MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
End of the month....... FUP comes to mind........

2.2GB remaining.... Tht kind of micro-management...... :playful:

I think one needs to resign to the fact that some lines can support just about 3 Mbps D/L speed effectively if lucky.
Wrote to the DGM yest about my poor line stats, and looks like he's got his team to start work on figuring out why the SNR is low and attenuation is so high. Tonnes of disconnections that I can't do anything that requires continuous internet connection for more than 30 mins. (Images below)
Can anyone else post CRC errors for the same time period as this.

---

enkay said:
I think one needs to resign to the fact that some lines can support just about 3 Mbps D/L speed effectively if lucky.

Wrote to the DGM yest about my poor line stats, and looks like he's got his team to start work on figuring out why the SNR is low and attenuation is so high. Tonnes of disconnections that I can't do anything that requires continuous internet connection for more than 30 mins. (Images below)

Can anyone else post CRC errors for the same time period as this.

---
For 1hr 8 min I get around 1 Downstream CRC error. I usually get 100 CRC errors in a week. HEC for a week are are around 1200.

I get 1 CRC error for upstream in 1 week.

sanke1 said:
For 1hr 8 min I get around 1 Downstream CRC error. I usually get 100 CRC errors in a week. HEC for a week are are around 1200.I get 1 CRC error for upstream in 1 week.
Is that on a VDSL?

@enkay , nice that they are working on it.
Here are my stats... I face no disconnections , no speed problems , its pretty stable throughout the day. But my upstream CRC seem to be crazy ? I am not aware of what CRC really is , but I heard its bad to have it high in number ?
Why is my downstream power 0 ?
SNR Margin : 20.8 6.6 dbLine Attenuation : 27 15.4 dbData Rate : 8192 1183 kbpsAttainable Rate : 18772 1184 kbpsPOWER : 0 11.3 dbmCRC : 22 65504

is it just me or some sites are just not opening ? www.intomobile.com for eg.
I am on VDSL.
Please check and tell.
My own website also not opening , but it is opening through mobile 3G internet. So obviously something wrong with MTNL.
Is it also with ADSL ??

intomobile.com gives
"Error establishing a database connection"
(MTNL adsl, NOT VDSL)
rohitkpatil said:
is it just me or some sites are just not opening ? www.intomobile.com for eg.
I am on VDSL.
Please check and tell.
My own website also not opening , but it is opening through mobile 3G internet. So obviously something wrong with MTNL.
Is it also with ADSL ??

Back