MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
Yup........ the timeouts r bad these day....... I think for the last 1 week....... nvr experienced so many timeouts on ADSL before.......
I was planning on going to the xchg....... to chg my port to newer Alcatel system...... since am still on Ericsson..... but after @Sanket's post it doesnt look like it will do any good........
10Hrs sessions r still there..... but timeouts ruining the stability........
Worst is my online gaming....... getting so many timeouts tht I hav had to stop being the Host server...... even for skype........ irritating.... since my frnds r having 450UL plans and r enjoying good stability....... whereas am paying 4 times & lagging like hell......

I thought it was my Router which was acting up. Mtnl changes routing often. There are absolutely no timeouts at my workplace which is on 120.xx IP range.This 182.56 IP range sucks. grrrrr

I am on the 59.x.x.x ....... so its not related to IP I think........
Plus am not able to find out who is handling r traffic...... earlier it was either VSNL/Airtel/Sify....... but now its not showing anything in tracerts...... just some IP........
Code:
tracert 216.52.241.254Tracing route to riotgames-17.ext1.lax.pnap.net [216.52.241.254]over a maximum of 30 hops:  1

61.95.151.37 is Airtel IP
so right now all the traffic is going through them. That's why there is a big traffic congestion and hence timeouts.

In Mulund area , my connection is dead. Telephone also does not work. SNR have dropped below 6 (normaly I have around 20) . Line attenuation is above 40. Hundreds of CRC errors :( . Sometimes it connects for 5-10 mins and gone again !
There is a newly constructed building infront of ours , to which MTNL is giving connection. Past 2-3 days they were digging , but the connection was fine. They already have cables , just some reconnection to that building. Yesterday it suddenly went dead. Could it be because of this ?
Registered a fault. Hope they can resolve it

Back