MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
Rang up Prabgadevi exchange today but was told that 'we are on strike & will not be doing any work today' :hysterical:. Pray what have they doing in the last 15 days when there is such a large scale screwup?:wall:. So guys don't waste time ringing MTNL in Mumbai today. :@

BTW If I change over to 'Bridge mode' in my D-Link modem can I still use WiFi thru my Linksys WRT54G router. If possible, are any changes required.

If you look carefully at the 'services' option in your mtnl login it will show you the plan opted for but will no longer mention 'upto 2mbps' like before. I have noticed I have been synced to 507 DL 510UL:wall::wall::@:wall::wall:. Is anyone who had problems (all mentioned above) with their connection from 1st Apr '09 been given this 'solution'.

just noticed everything is NORMAL (for now)i can open routers page, MSN Messenger, and EVERY OTHER Website :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:just pray it stays like this :thumb:

Same here da-cena-fan. Even I'm able to open up the Login page of the modem without any issues. Hope it stays like this.:yahoo:And guys Airtel is now offering 16Mbps connection. Hope MTNL soon upgrades it's speed to at least 8 Mbps.:whistle:.

And guys Airtel is now offering 16Mbps connection. Hope MTNL soon upgrades it's speed to at least 8 Mbps.:whistle:.
dont get your expectations too high bud.. they have rectified this D-Link problem is enough for the time being!

also 1mbps wouldnt be bad either :D

just noticed everything is NORMAL (for now)

i can open routers page, MSN Messenger, and EVERY OTHER Website :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

just pray it stays like this :thumb:

Same here, everything is working fine here. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

just noticed everything is NORMAL (for now)

i can open routers page, MSN Messenger, and EVERY OTHER Website :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

just pray it stays like this :thumb:

----------

dont get your expectations too high bud.. they have rectified this D-Link problem is enough for the time being!

also 1mbps wouldnt be bad either :D

----------

Same here, everything is working fine here. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

----------

Same here da-cena-fan. Even I'm able to open up the Login page of the modem without any issues. Hope it stays like this.:yahoo:

And guys Airtel is now offering 16Mbps connection. Hope MTNL soon upgrades it's speed to at least 8 Mbps.:whistle:.

True but have you checked if your sync rate has changed, mine has been reduced from 2038 to 507 DL. This is their solution for me :cry:. This should be checked by all whose 'April problems' have currently stopped.

I don't want to make any changes currently now. Hope they solve the problem and rectify it. Mtnl strike mein nahi ho toh bhi kuch farak nahi padta. Same for me though. @socrates. Howz your connection now after making those settings?? @esbebbe. Where did you get those settings from?

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7540/sncrate.jpg

I don't want to make any changes currently now. Hope they solve the problem and rectify it. Mtnl strike mein nahi ho toh bhi kuch farak nahi padta. Same for me though. @socrates. Howz your connection now after making those settings?? @esbebbe. Where did you get those settings from?

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7540/sncrate.jpg

Which settings are you referring to :) Problems seem to have been solved but that's only because my DL is now synced to 507kbps instead of the previous 2048 :@. This page requires 2 'refreshes' to be visible. Am not happy with this crappy 'solution'. Trust MTNL to find a 'solutions llike this. At this speed Aitel broadband combo pack is cheaper for me.

BTW your lline attenuation is far to high & SNR is too low

Yes, the line attenuation is high and snr is low. By the way has your problem been solved? If then how come?

Back