MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
@Socrates. Haha these Mtnl guys are only known for this purpose only. If you go to one person he will transfer you to another guy. The same continues. Mtnl hai to sahi hai lol:D. Any ways will write on that mail id as well.

i get this error when i try to send using their own mail servers

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject ' Speed Issues', Account: 'pop.mtnl.net.in', Server: 'smtp.mtnl.net.in', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: [email protected]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

@#!$#@$#$% Looks like the lady who gave me this afternoon either made a mistake or pulled a fast one on me :@:@:@. And I read it out to her twice to cross check that she had given me the correct address. I have lost all faith in this organisation and written that if this is not rectified soon I will disconnect the b'band connection & after that I don't have any good reason to continue with the landline anymore. So far I have got 5 calls from the exchange. Apart from repeating the whole crap 5 times (& driving me nuts) nothing else has happened. On one occassion I even heard someone in the background telling the lady talking to me that it was a virus or machine problem at my end. When I made it v plain that I am not buying that story as I check my machine before I complain, they backed out.
I just went thru the email-id's & I find that all have 'mbi' instead of 'mdi' in the email-id. So make that email-id as [email protected] instead of [email protected] :)

BTW If I change over to 'Bridge mode' in my D-Link modem can I still use WiFi thru my Linksys WRT54G router. If possible, are any changes required.

Hi friends,
Having a problem. I'm not able to open http://192.168.1.1/ on MTNL provided D-Link DSL 502T in IE7. It says in the status bar below
Website found. Waiting for reply. And than
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.:eek:
Is this a problem from MTNL side or a problem in the router. I have been using this router since MAY 2005.:thumb:
I didn't reset it since I have done port forwarding and don't want to lose out the settings.

Thanks in advance.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
presume other web sites are opening.
Wait for one more day.

To access the modem/router settings
see
Start/network/LAN/ properties
TCP/IP
properties
three entries are important

IP 192.168.1.X ( your computer)
subnet : 255.255.255.0
defaULT gateway : 192.168.1.1 ( 0r anything else may be 192.168.2.1 etc . )
this is your modems access Ip address.

After you access check the modem page , ( Maintenence )
where menu item to
save "present setting" are available.
Save to Hard disk.
then try whatever you want to do !
Dlink Settings for Broadband

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Dlink Settings for BroadbandBroadband

I just took out my modem cleaned it all put it back in and opened the modem page and it opened, so I thought everything is fine now and logged out. And opened my post on Broadband Forum and saw ur reply essbebe and so i opened the modem page again but it didn't open. So I disconnected the modem and re connected it and opened the 192.168.1.1 and it opened and as fast as i could do i saved the setting. And when i tried to logout from the modem it didn't respond. So I thought its again got disconnected as well. Well at least i saved the settings and so need to worry about port forwarding. Thanks essbebe very much.:thumb:i can advise that to open the 192.168.1.1, as soon as u power up ur modem log in and do what ever u want before it again stops responding.da-cena-fan, read the earlier post and hope MTNL rectifies its problem with DSL 502T as soon as possible.And now even the net is getting disconnected every 2 mins.:cry:And guys can u tell be r u able to open link-removed?? I am not able to.:wall: Pls tell me if ur able to open.Thanks again.

i have a feeling its something to do with your modem , look at the power LED , does it blink every 2 or 3 minutes?

no rohaan.. TPB isnt opening for me.. along with various other sites like W-BB and msn messenger!

Even I am not being able to access my router page after every 5 mins or so into a net session. Even I have a D-Link DSL 502T router. I started facing this problem since the 1st of this month. Earlier my router would just hang after every 2-3 mins of surfing the net. At least that problem is gone now.

It has nothing to do with MTNL as far as the opening of the page is concerned...
192.168.1.1 is nothing but the defualt gateway of the modem for the computer...in other words the computer connects to the modem at this address...
also try the following command and tell me what happens :
open run >
ping 192.168.1.1 -t
try at both times...when the page opens up and when the page is not opening...
Its better if u can reset your modem...

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

If u r not able to access internet see the ADSL light...
If its blinking too much...It means there is some sort of disturbance in the line...Call MTNL and tell them that the ADSL light is not even showing up...

If PPPoE light is not showing up or goes off at the time u r disconnected the problem is with the server or the modem...It logs u out...PPPoE light indicatesthe login connection...

If all the lights are stable still & net is not working then take the DNS server addresses from mtnl and use the following command in run
They will give u 2 addresses one for Primary & the other for Secondary..

ping DNS -t

U shud get the message "destination net unreachable "
solutions :
get another modem from ur friend if possible...see if that modem also gets disconnected....If yes call mtnl....if no reset ur modem...still if the problem remains unsolved get a new modem...

perhaps its an australian/europe based model, which get accessed on 10.1.1.1 try this.

Back