MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
@Socrates. Here's my ping of opendns server. Its going worse really, yesterday it was under 200. Today 300ms

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5867/worstpings.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I am planning to write to TRAI and Pehredar from CNBC Tv-18 if this continues. I am fed up of the speed

@Socrates. Here's my ping of opendns server. Its going worse really, yesterday it was under 200. Today 300ms

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I am planning to write to TRAI and Pehredar from CNBC Tv-18 if this continues. I am fed up of the speed

I think thats a good idea they need a bit of public attention :). You can try sending e-mail at [email protected] with details of complaint & your telephone no. They will contact u. So I read on the net :whistle:. Actually I heard of this programme just now even though I watch that channel for its share market inputs.

opendns has not setup a localized server for indian users. they are offering local servers to european and american users at the moment.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

OpenDNS > > System (also available at http://208.67.219.60/)

Palo Alto, California, USA
Seattle, Washington, USA
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Washington, DC, USA
New York, New York, USA
London, England, UK

I've been given a Sterlite SAM300AX modem and yes it's in PPPoE mode.

My tel line comes to my splitter first. But it's also a parallel line because I have phones connected in other rooms too:confused:.

I just switched from Hathway and while MTNL speeds are awesome, it would be nice to have a stable connection that doesn't keep disconnecting.

As long as the phones come after the splitter it should not be a problem. This problem seems to affect users in PPPoE mode and usually (as far as I know) users with D-Link modems. You are the first I have heard using another make with this problem. Relax these jokers after a lot of fumbling & bumbling will finally get it right (they usually do :rofl:). You could try configuring for 'Bridge mode' to see if it improves matters.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

opendns has not setup a localized server for indian users. they are offering local servers to european and american users at the moment.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

OpenDNS > > System (also available at http://208.67.219.60/)

Palo Alto, California, USA
Seattle, Washington, USA
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Washington, DC, USA
New York, New York, USA
London, England, UK

I wish they start one here for poor us. Is there any other company who provides similar services, closer to home. I cant even access their site today (even dashboard)

@socrates. Any latest info from Mtnl guys??

OpenDNS > > System (also available at http://208.67.219.60/) try this?

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

looking at the cost of hosting a webserver in india, i do not see them providing a localized service for indian web users.

Nope it does not work for me, with MTNL DNS or OpenDNS :(

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

@socrates. Any latest info from Mtnl guys??

Nope, nothing yet. Yesterday nobody was picking up the phone so I sent an email. But on monday I will give them a ring.

@socrates

Thanks. But even this is not working. I use Ashampoo winoptimizer 4 which does the same job as TCP apart from other things. I think its a problem at the MTNL end even sites like ICICI bank login, ICICI Direct login, DNA etc pages can't be accessed. Whether I am on Open DNS or MTNL DNS. :( I have written to them yesterday , lets see what happens :cry:

Back