MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
Had gone to Prabhadevi Tel exchange just now met lot of guys regarding the duplicate entries for 1st Apr (their idea of April Fools joke :o). Lots to pleading 'not to surrender the tel & b'band connection'. And promises to sort out the duplicate entries & it seems that the excessive overmetering is WIP but 'dont know when it will be rectified' :O:wall::madness:. I also got two DNS entries of 'Mumbai servers'
59.185.0.23 &
59.185.0.50 these two don't seem to have packet loss when I checked now & have a latency of 30 - 49ms

:whistle:

was told there are 6 such servers but no one could tell the other four :cry:
Another yarn I got was that this problem was due to 'virus', this from a guy who didn't know what 'vaccine' meant & he didn't have a explanation why it only affected D--Link modem in PPPoE mode, not Bridge mode and none of the Chinese modems!!!:O:@:huh:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4661/56861388.jpgHere%27s the screenshot for the above dns server. Still request timed outs

Router/Modem: D-Link GLB-802C
MTNL DNS Servers 203.94.227.70 and 203.94.243.70
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3520/mtnldns01.png

MTNL DNS Servers 59.185.0.23 and 59.185.0.50
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6981/mtnldns02.png

OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6871/opendns.png

With this latency I cant even download text emails to Thunderbird email client & to think that yesterday, a DGM in MTNL was telling me that 'upto 300ms is ok'.:O He probably does not check his emails :hysterical: !@#@$#$#%$^

lolz. We are in the 21st century. Its 2009 and the DGM who is in a higher post doesn't check his mail. How are they going to upgrade themselves. Disgusting fact:(

lolz. We are in the 21st century. Its 2009 and the DGM who is in a higher post doesn't check his mail. How are they going to upgrade themselves. Disgusting fact:(

If you see the spare manpower around these guys, one can only realize that they have a flunky to do all that:S & more :hysterical:

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Had gone to Prabhadevi Tel exchange just now met lot of guys regarding the duplicate entries for 1st Apr (their idea of April Fools joke :o). Lots to pleading 'not to surrender the tel & b'band connection'. And promises to sort out the duplicate entries & it seems that the excessive overmetering is WIP but 'dont know when it will be rectified' :O:wall::madness:. I also got two DNS entries of 'Mumbai servers'
59.185.0.23 &
59.185.0.50 these two don't seem to have packet loss when I checked now & have a latency of 30 - 49ms

:whistle:

was told there are 6 such servers but no one could tell the other four :cry:
Another yarn I got was that this problem was due to 'virus', this from a guy who didn't know what 'vaccine' meant & he didn't have a explanation why it only affected D--Link modem in PPPoE mode, not Bridge mode and none of the Chinese modems!!!:O:@:huh:

The big joke is that the two DNS servers given to me by a DGM as Mumbai servers are actually Delhi servers only 203.94.227.70 is a Mumbai. This is the quallity of manpower they have where they dont even know what they have based in Delhi or Mumbai :O. I am totally horrified by their ignorance & indifference :@:@:@am seriously considering checking if Airtel is available in my area.

If they don't sort it out. I am also considering a change. One can't take up Airtel connection because they have Fup

This problem has not been solved completely. Had no connectivity in the morning & for sometime now. But MTNL jerks are congratulating themselves for completing the job. :@And still no sign of removing the duplicate entries for the 1st Apt '09, after telling me it will take 3-4 days :(

My net was down from yesterday night to morning. 2nd time in 3yrs with MTNL.1504 said there is problem in andheri servers. (ADSL light was on but not getting connected)

Back