MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
A small query I added the OpenDNS addresses in my computer, But when I try to add it in my 502T modem even after saving, it does not retain it. Should I use the option 'Use User Discovered DNS servers Only'?

This what I get when I ping 208.67.222.222

http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opendns.jpg

is it considered good enough?:redface:

i think if you setup dns on windows, it would override the settings in the modem.airtel modems come with the airtel dns servers. but my computer use the settings i have set up myself.

Should I use the option 'Use User Discovered DNS servers Only'?

This what I get when I ping 208.67.222.222

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6501/opendns.th.jpg

is it considered good enough?:redface:

After using the above option the OpenDNS entries are saved but the latency is > 300ms whereas with MTNL DNS the latency is around 43 ms, either one makes no difference in browsing speed :O:O:O. MTNL is unique.

Browsing speed will be better than what it would have been. Though Speed only depends open the connection, the line and all.

Browsing speed will be better than what it would have been. Though Speed only depends open the connection, the line and all.

What latency do you get when you ping OpenDNS servers? I have to refresh this page twice to get full page (same as MTNL DNS servers) and many other too. I can't even login to https://www.opendns.com/dashboard/signin

I just got my connection a week back and I'm noticing that sometimes after an hour or so, my net gets disconnected and then comes back after 10-15 minutes. During this time, when I ping 192.168.1.1 or put the address in my browser, nothing happens (request timed out and page not loading). In such scenarios, is it a problem at my end or MTNL's? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I just got my connection a week back and I'm noticing that sometimes after an hour or so, my net gets disconnected and then comes back after 10-15 minutes. During this time, when I ping 192.168.1.1 or put the address in my browser, nothing happens (request timed out and page not loading).

In such scenarios, is it a problem at my end or MTNL's? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

We are facing some problems with connectivity overmetering etc which started from 1sr Apr '09. (yes that's right). But they are still working with all their competence at their command:whistle:. What make/model of modem are you using & are you using PPPoE mode. I hope the tel wire first comes to your splitter then to tel instrument.

Problem started again i am using D-Link 502 model, the net goes, then i have switch off and then switch on the modem to get connection for 20 minuties :redface::@:rofl::rofl:

I've been given a Sterlite SAM300AX modem and yes it's in PPPoE mode.My tel line comes to my splitter first. But it's also a parallel line because I have phones connected in other rooms too:confused:.I just switched from Hathway and while MTNL speeds are awesome, it would be nice to have a stable connection that doesn't keep disconnecting.

Back