MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,897
My next door neighbour has the basic plan has the same modem as me but rarely faces any problems :O:O

My friend in the close vicinity (same tel. exchange) has GLB-502T ADSL2+ router. It seems there are no 'April Problem' issues at his PC/internet; all the websites are opening like the way they are supposed to, although at times the ADSL light does flicker on his router as well even when not surfing but most of the times his router's ADSL light remain stable unlike in my router (DSL-502T) where it keeps on flickering continuously with all the 'April Problems'.

In my case the modem was changed for 2 days with their own (UT300R2U), but it made no difference :O

Today, i am going to write a mail again to the ED and the DGM. Lets hope for the best. I told the Mtnl people that Modem might be an issue, but they don't listen at all:OIssue might be with the modem especially the DSL502T

Hello guys help required quickly.I just got a call from MTNL saying that they will be changing my D-Link 502T router. I told the guy on the phone that MTNL is having problems with internet since April, wtf. He told be that the problem is modem specific that is with D-Link 502T. So the change of router is needed.:oHe said the D-Link 502T software has got corrupted, so they r replacing the routers.:rofl:Socrates u wrote that they changed ur router 2 days back but it didn't change anything for u("April Problems"). So should i change my router or not. Because I have my Wireless router Linksys WRT54G2 configured on 502T and I have even port forwarded on the same (after heck lot of trying:wall:).And Socrates do u still have ur old router that is D-Link 502T or did the MTNL guy took it back with him??:(PLS guys reply quickly. I really dont want to change my D-Link 502T router because of all the configuration that i have done on it.:wall:

krish_88 I had complained to them long back about the internet but never told them to change my router. Today at 12 pm I got the call from MTNL, that they will change the router because the D-Link software has got corrupted, wtf.:frown:Socrates pls reply to above question, quickly.:)

krish_88 I told the MTNL at 1504 that the internet is not working properly and their r frequent disconnection's. Thats it nothing else. Waiting for Socrates's reply.:cool2:

Guys, I faced the same problem with the 502-T. Called the SDE and he changed it the same evening. Everything worked fine from then on, except for an odd issue on the echange level.

Well the MTNL guy came at 4 pm today but he wasn't having router. He said MTNL is replacing all the D-Link router whether they r faulty or not and giving UTSartcom or TDK router. He said to be that I should go to the MTNL Exchange and get my router replaced.So now all the D-Link router user should get their router replaceds, wtf:@.eskay which router did MTNL guy gave you??And u mentioned about an odd issue on the echange level, what is that??Is ur net working fine now??

Back