• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,897
lolz, see this. When i access my router page, i get this error

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7519/routerpage.jpg

----------

I can't access speedtest.net. Can't access my router page:o

Hello guys help required quickly.

I just got a call from MTNL saying that they will be changing my D-Link 502T router. I told the guy on the phone that MTNL is having problems with internet since April, wtf. He told be that the problem is modem specific that is with D-Link 502T. So the change of router is needed.:o

He said the D-Link 502T software has got corrupted, so they r replacing the routers.:rofl:

Socrates u wrote that they changed ur router 2 days back but it didn't change anything for u("April Problems"). So should i change my router or not. Because I have my Wireless router Linksys WRT54G2 configured on 502T and I have even port forwarded on the same (after heck lot of trying:wall:).

And Socrates do u still have ur old router that is D-Link 502T or did the MTNL guy took it back with him??:(

PLS guys reply quickly. I really dont want to change my D-Link 502T router because of all the configuration that i have done on it.:wall:

The DSL502T is my own, they wanted to take it (chalu buggers) & give their crappy chinese stuff, I made a noise with the boss of the guy who had come to my place, so they kept their piece connected for two days (I had told them I will be satisfied only if it works trouble free for a week) they even changed my port, all that crap had no use at all. All the problems still exist. :wall: Moral of the story is that don't bet that that your problem will be solved by modem changed, there are many posts in the past of other members that it didn't help them, it is the same case with me.

----------

My friend in the close vicinity (same tel. exchange) has GLB-502T ADSL2+ router. It seems there are no 'April Problem' issues at his PC/internet; all the websites are opening like the way they are supposed to, although at times the ADSL light does flicker on his router as well even when not surfing but most of the times his router's ADSL light remain stable unlike in my router (DSL-502T) where it keeps on flickering continuously with all the 'April Problems'.

A person in my bldg has the same modem (GLB-502T) & has 'April Problems' :O. Looks like ill luck hits at random.:hysterical:

----------

Today, i am going to write a mail again to the ED and the DGM. Lets hope for the best. I told the Mtnl people that Modem might be an issue, but they don't listen at all:O

Issue might be with the modem especially the DSL502T

Buddy its not your modem, its a screw up at the exchange & they don't know how to sort it out. This was told to me off the record by a senior chap at Prabhadevi on one of my many trips. In fact I wanted to go today but am unwell so I canceled it. :(

----------

Today, i am going to write a mail again to the ED and the DGM. Lets hope for the best. I told the Mtnl people that Modem might be an issue, but they don't listen at all:O

Buddy its not your modem, its a screw up at the exchange & they don't know how to sort it out. This was told to me off the record by a senior chap at Prabhadevi on one of my many trips. In fact I wanted to go today but am unwell so I canceled it. :(

Guys please dont fall for that D-Link modems/specific model are not compatible shit. Just ask them how overnight D-Link has become 'incompatible' (actually even this yarn is not correct as you saw in my case) where as according to them the Chinese modems are still compatible. Then you will see some silly/illogical statements coming.

----------

You should write to the ED with cc to TRAI & MTNL MD id's are available in this post.

@socrates. i want trai's mail id. and did you receive any reply from mumbai mirror. Today, one of the funniest things happened. I called 1504 and suddenly there was a cross connection. The person in the opposite direction was saying "are yaar, mera net teek se nahi chal raha hai thode din se". lol

@ Socrates. This is my speed. Did you try DNA?

----------

I have sent a mail to TRAI. Lets see now:thumb:

----------

Its difficult to search from this thread. The MTNL MD id. Please mention it here.

So then I will not ley those MTNL buggers change my modem. Router works fine during evening and night, but during the day problem persists.
And modem page doesn't opens at all.
Current speed at 12:15 am

eskay which router did MTNL guy gave you??
And u mentioned about an odd issue on the echange level, what is that??
Is ur net working fine now??

I got a Huawei box. Works fine. Has an on/off switch! The exchange that I am on in Delhi, 2610, has had a some connectivity issues from time to time but nothing serious. The SDE for my level is very responsive and everytime I call with any problem he does his level best to get it resolved quickly.

Yes, net is working well. Especially since the D-Link box was changed.

----------

I have sent a mail to TRAI. Lets see now:thumb:
TRAI will do nothing. They will ask you to go to TDSAT and that too if you bug them about responding to your email. That has been my experience.

Update.... Today, got a call from the Speed incharge of my area. He asked me to check the speed again and says "Problem is with the prabhadevi server". If thats the case then why are some people getting perfect speeds. Especially people living in the same vicinity?@Eskay. Check your speed with speedtest.net and paste the image here.

Back