MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,897
MTNL Triband has gone from bad to worst over these last 2 months. Still no respite from those dreaded 'April Problems', infact, it's getting worst day by day. It takes atleast 6-7 refreshes of a page to open any site & many of them still don't open at all :( Their services have defenitely deteriorated over time instead of improving. I can bet they are going to loose a large chunk of their clientele

Even I'm considering other alternatives seriously now. I feel Airtel/Reliance broadbands are the next best choice. I will take a look at their respective sub-forums here in this forum to gain valuable knowledge.

@Socrate :
Is Airtel the best alternative as of now ? What are the feedbacks on their speed/performance & customer service ? Do they often have breakdown of their services the way we are seeing with MTNL ?

Thanks

DID U TRY 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 as your dns? it worked for me.

MTNL Triband has gone from bad to worst over these last 2 months. Still no respite from those dreaded 'April Problems', infact, it's getting worst day by day. It takes atleast 6-7 refreshes of a page to open any site & many of them still don't open at all :( Their services have defenitely deteriorated over time instead of improving. I can bet they are going to loose a large chunk of their clientele

Even I'm considering other alternatives seriously now. I feel Airtel/Reliance broadbands are the next best choice. I will take a look at their respective sub-forums here in this forum to gain valuable knowledge.

@Socrate :
Is Airtel the best alternative as of now ? What are the feedbacks on their speed/performance & customer service ? Do they often have breakdown of their services the way we are seeing with MTNL ?

Thanks

In fact I too am asking the same question as no one in my area has Airtel. When I rang up Airtel they said its possible to give me a connection. Just yesterday I was going thru the Airtel section in this forum:ashamed:

In fact I too am asking the same question as no one in my area has Airtel. When I rang up Airtel they said its possible to give me a connection. Just yesterday I was going thru the Airtel section in this forum:ashamed:

where in mumbai? my area is not supported.. chembur

----------

airtel has fair usage policy:happy: Don't go for it now. We will wait for some time

does mtnl have a fup?

@shenoymax I am close to Matunga Rd (W) Rly stn, v close to Magnet hypermart, Moghul Lane.

Near my Dad's office in Mogul Lane!

----------

Near my Dad's office in Mogul Lane!

may be i could meet you in person and discuss my matters in depth.. if u dont mind i.e.

I don't know why such people are appointed who don't know a single word of Technical.
The Customercare doesn't have a clue. If you tell about sync rate, they would be blinking:happy: I once asked them the GM Telephone number, the customercare person said "aap Gm ke pass kyun jaa rahe hain, jo bhi hai yahan solve karte hein:hysterical:

I don't know why such people are appointed who don't know a single word of Technical.

----------

The Customercare doesn't have a clue. If you tell about sync rate, they would be blinking:happy: I once asked them the GM Telephone number, the customercare person said "aap Gm ke pass kyun jaa rahe hain, jo bhi hai yahan solve karte hein:hysterical:

@ krish: TO FILL IN POSTS..

Back