MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,897
@krish : "I don't know why such people are appointed who don't know a single word of Technical." : JUST TO FILL IN POSTS! Its a reality.. 1504 people are mechanical workers.. they never try to analyze your problem.. just go around with what their seniors have taught them.
MTNL BB Staff has to educated properly with ADSL2+ tech facts.

----------

GMs phone no. 24310645...:) but the lady der is a bitch

You can try 24386683..

MTNL 'customer care' is outsourced to a pvt party. This gem was given to me many yrs ago by the div eng for my area .

One of my friend in the same vicinity says "I am not facing any kind of issue". He owns his own modem[COLOR="Silver"

[/COLOR]MTNL 'customer care' is outsourced to a pvt party. This gem was given to me many yrs ago by the div eng for my area .

What do you say to them so that they change your ports?

DID U TRY 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 as your dns? it worked for me.

Are they OpenDNS ? Not yet tried, will try them now & report back soon. BTW, thanks for the info.

In fact I too am asking the same question as no one in my area has Airtel. When I rang up Airtel they said its possible to give me a connection. Just yesterday I was going thru the Airtel section in this forum:ashamed:

As far as I understand, Airtel/Reliance have broadband wireless internet, so there shouldn't be any question of feasibility/availability ie regardless of any area/location, they should be able to provide connection. May be I'm wrong in my understanding, please do correct me.

Airtel has Fair Usage Policy:happy: Don't go for it now. We will wait for some time

Sorry but what exactly is 'Fair Usage Policy' ?

Thanks

@mindlogicx: fair usage policy is a cap/limit one can use on a unlimited connection, for example on TATA B'bnd; for 2Mbps you can download something like 120GB a month.. but if you exceed you connection, they (TATA) will not allow to use the connection.

correct me if i'm wrong

----------

@mindlogicx: fair usage policy is a cap/limit one can use on a unlimited connection, for example on TATA B'bnd; for 2Mbps you can download something like 120GB a month.. but if you exceed you connection, they (TATA) will not allow to use the connection.

correct me if i'm wrong

Broadband providers taking refuge under ‘fair usage policy’ to mask their inefficiencies | India, consumer, internet, survey, technology, telecom, telecommunication

Haha. My email seems to be working. Just got a call from Mtnl, Cherai Exchange. They asked me about this issue. They say "They received a mail which you have denoted to Executive director. I have briefed him. Lets see. He says some one will visit my residence sooner or later

I have not spoken to the AH's fr a long time as I can never get thru on 1504. This was done by subordinate of the div eng who had come to my hse. That any way was a flop show all it did was my voice part was dead for a week even though there was a dial tone, they apparently forgot the authentication part compeletely. I will make a seperate post about my experience with this AH. It would be worth filming & showing on 'Cartoon Network', in fact when he came to my house another crow about his success (till he saw there was none) had told him v bluntly that he would be considered as a student in a v basic computer course in the first week. :rofl:

I have not spoken to the AH's fr a long time as I can never get thru on 1504. This was done by subordinate of the div eng who had come to my hse. That any way was a flop show all it did was my voice part was dead for a week even though there was a dial tone, they apparently forgot the authentication part compeletely. I will make a seperate post about my experience with this AH. It would be worth filming & showing on 'Cartoon Network', in fact when he came to my house another crow about his success (till he saw there was none) had told him v bluntly that he would be considered as a student in a v basic computer course in the first week. :rofl:

:D

Back