MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,897
Haha. My email seems to be working. Just got a call from Mtnl, Cherai Exchange. They asked me about this issue. They say "They received a mail which you have denoted to Executive director. I have briefed him. Lets see. He says some one will visit my residence sooner or later

Give them some time to reach their level of incompetency :dance: :rofl:

lolz, lets see. You have enough of experience socrates:thumbsup:

:wall: I hope that doesn't happen:(
I don't know what problem i need to tell them lolz. If i tell about the speed, They don't know the difference between the browsing speed. They say "You have already been upgraded to 2048 downstream data rate. yes i have been. But where from the problem exists of no proper speed. Currently, i have told them ki "You need to check my connection as well as modem. Nothing else other this. If any one has some more things to tell, let me know. Though, I am not facing severe disconnections. The line seems to be pretty okay.

:wall: I hope that doesn't happen:(
I don't know what problem i need to tell them lolz. If i tell about the speed, They don't know the difference between the browsing speed. They say "You have already been upgraded to 2048 downstream data rate. yes i have been. But where from the problem exists of no proper speed. Currently, i have told them ki "You need to check my connection as well as modem. Nothing else other this. If any one has some more things to tell, let me know. Though, I am not facing severe disconnections. The line seems to be pretty okay.

Are on a MTNL ADSL modem? Tell them your Signal to Noise Ratio is low.. and they'll say par speed to toh upgrade hain nah..phir kya problem hai aapko..:hysterical:

D-Link modems are faulty:cry: The last time there was a problem of disconnection, severe disconnections of modem used to happen. What did they tell me "Sir, aap ka ye line dusre kamre mein leke jaayie aur woh line idhar leke aayie phir aapko accha speed milega. I was like:redface: Then, i forced them to check it from their side and found that their cable was at fault

@Socrates. I also tried to mail those D-Link customercare about the problems i am facing.
I receive these replies from them

"Dear Krishnan,

Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below.

Step 1 Reset the Router to its factory defaults.

Step 2 Set the Admin Password to sumthing different. Password is admin by default. Change is to something else. For changing the password Go to Tools.

Step 3 Go to tools>>>System>>>save and reboot

Step 4 reconfigure the router for internet connection.

If the issue persists revert back to us."

----------

From the nature of the issue, reset the router, secure the admin user with a different password and re-configure the settings.

The following reset procedure will completely restore the default settings on the router including your password.

Step 1: Locate the reset pinhole on the back of the unit.

Step 2: With the router powered on, press and hold the Reset button.

Step 3: Hold the Reset button for about 10-15 seconds.

Step 4: Release the Reset button.

Step 5: The device is now at factory defaults.

Enter the router's configuration(default IP: 192.168.1.1)

Note: For MTNL users in Mumbai the values are as follows:

PVC=PVC0
VPI=0
VCI=32.
Virtual circuit = Enabled.

WAN Settings= PPPoE/PPPoA.

Put in the username and the password.
Username= MTNL telephone number.
Password= Customer Account (CA) number given on the MTNL phone bill.

Apply the settings.

Click on OK to save settings.

- Click on Tools > System. Selected " Save and reboot the system " and clicked " Ok ".

Click on Status > Device info.

Under WAN> PVC0 Status should show Connected.

Try connecting to the internet and verify the issue.

I too recd that crap then I spoke directly to the service center at Kalina, even there the operator tried to tell me to go to the toll free number @!#@$#. When I told her that I was redirected by those jokers she passed the line to a person called Bharat who was competent. :whistle:

Back