MTNL Broadband is injecting ads on your computer pretending it's a feature

chromaniac said:
I need forum software to locally cache hotlinked images to properly switch to https. Xenforo has internal feature now. Ipb might have a plugin. Would decide when version 4 comes out.
You can enable HTTPS on your site right now using a free SSL certificate from StartSSL. You can force HTTPS on registration and log in pages but let users decide whether to use HTTPS on other pages or not. No need to worry about hotlinked images.

Sending emails to MTNL is not going to work. When it comes to MTNL, you have to personally visit their offices.

Last edited by a moderator:
are u people able to access modem homepage 192.168.1.1 ? everytime this add pops up username/pass of modem changes :

chromaniac said:
Like I said, users can decide whether to use HTTPS or not. If there are any hotlinked images that aren't being displayed when using HTTPS, users can choose to display them manually.
Anyway, there is absolutely no harm in enabling HTTPS on your server right now (I see it is already enabled, just not configured correctly [Edit: Never mind. I see now that it's a shared IP address]).

m8r-79r78u said:
Sending emails to MTNL is not going to work. When it comes to MTNL, you have to personally visit their offices.
Sending emails to MTNL works. I am getting FTTH in our society on the basis of a couple of emails to the GM of the area followed up by one email to the CMD. An email is a recorded communication.

m8r-79r78u said:
Well then try sending a couple of emails about adphonso if you haven't already. And maybe even IPv6... :tongue:
I already have, m8r-79r78u. Two of them. Time for other MTNL users in Delhi to hit the "send" button :)

Back