MTNL Broadband is injecting ads on your computer pretending it's a feature

I am curious. What exactly did you write in your complaint?
Also, obviously you will be unable to show the popups/ads to someone visiting your place because like in case of the Belkin routers, the popups/ads only appear periodically. You can however keep screenshots when you see them and there is also that video that adphonso themselves created. Anyway, showing it to the lineman though is pointless. Nothing he can do about it.
You can also take screenshots of the HTML source code. If you are using Google Chrome, next time you see any popups/ads, press F12 and it will show you the source code. Right clicking and clicking "View page source" may not work as Chrome may request the web page again and this time it may come through unmodified. I had already posted screenshot of the HTML source code used to display the ebill popup. Here it is again - http://i59.tinypic.com/xlkyo2.png. And I see that someone has posted the HTML that was being used to display the Google ads - http://pastebin.com/tNicZKiR.

If they would have even read the first line of complaint they could have easily understood it was not about any faulty internet connection.

I showed him the screenshot but the line man cannot do anything about it :(
he knows me pretty well so when I told him my complaint was about adv, also showed the pgportal complaint he called someone at their exchange and started shouting tumh complaint padhte nahi ho andhe bethe ho blah blah ....lol

sadly mtnl works only this way check the telephone number send the line man :offended:

now I do not think it is really worth anything to complain them about the adv because most of them do not even know there is any such adv

Find your IP address. Perform whois search on it.

That will tell you email address of many people responsible.
Those are people who handle routing (and adphonso redirections)

Send your email to them.

DO NOT send email to apnic.net thats not related party.

For example: whois on my IP address gave me this:

irt: IRT-MTNL-IN
address: Jeevan Bharati Building
address: Tower 1, 12th Floor, 124, Connaught Circus, New Delhi
e-mail: [email protected]
abuse-mailbox: [email protected]

admin-c: MTXXX-AP
tech-c: MTXXX-AP
auth: # Filtered
mnt-by: MAINT-IN-MTNL
changed: [email protected] 20140214
source: APNIC

role: Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited
address: MAHANAGAR DOOR SANCHAR SADAN
address: 5TH FLOOR, 9, CGO, COMPLEX,LODHI ROAD
address: NEW DELHI - 110003.
phone: + 91-11-24326230
fax-no: + 91-11-24321275

admin-c: NJXX-AP
tech-c: SVGX-AP
nic-hdl: MTXXX-AP
changed: [email protected] 20140226
changed: [email protected] 20140226

% Information related to '1.2.0.0/20ASXXXXX'

route: 1.2.0.0/20
descr: MTNL Mumbai Route
descr: Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, New Delhi
origin: ASXXXXX
changed: [email protected]

Send e-mail to all of them.

No i did not. As you noticed, I am from Mumbai. But I just told you the way on how to contact guys who handle routing.

I wrote a strong email to MTNL a few weeks back. No response from their end yet. However, the ads stopped showing up a few days after the email. No ads since then.
I did, however, receive a response from Commissioner of Police, Delhi today confirming that a complaint has been registered in this effect.

Back