MTNL Broadband is injecting ads on your computer pretending it's a feature

The ads are popping about AntiVirus and all. and Youtube has stopped working. Videos just won't load. Says error occurred please try again. Anybody else facing this issue ?

MTNL's one more genius script injestion and redirection. One of wikipedia's page opened like this. With Missing CSS.

xluXjvx.png

I viewed the page source and mtnl was redirecting the css to a page that had this as its source

tZQ5qRX.png

The 203 url doesn't work. The link MTNL_Blank/index.js is this

bbeazbF.png

And the url it tries to load is hosted at nextraworld.com. Which is a dead link. Hats off to MTNL guys. Itni redirection. And in the end just serving a broken link with no benefits to themselves too. LOL.
After several refreshes the page loaded fine. But seriously this is enough.

anyone facing too long page response times,

my speed, modem stats everything is fine but many times it gets stuck and forces to refresh the page 2-3 times, even with 2mbps it feels worst than dialup :( arrghhh.....this is super annoying

Yes, this advertisement is making browsing very slow. It is injecting the code on every webpage.

Hello guys,

I am using and MTNL broadband and i am from delhi.

Since last month i have been getting this MTNL green pop up on my browser a lot. I can't browse properly because everytime i try to open a webpage, i get this green mtnl popup. I am really getting tired of seeing this thing over and over again.

Below is a screenshot.

JXxp5mo.png

When i try to open a page, i see this popup on right and the webpage doesn't load, it just shows a white page because of this popup. I have to reload the page again to see the webpage and i have to do this everytime i see this green popup on a browser. This is really annoying.

Anybody knows how to get rid of this?

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:
The infamous adphonso ads. Moved it to the appropriate thread.

Today I tried to call customer care and explained about this problem. I got shocked that they didn't have any knowledge about these popups. They simply told me to go a nearest telephone exchange.

We didn't expect it from MTNL to use a third party ads like this. By doing this they are tracking the websites we visit along with our IP and system details about our computer/mobile and sharing it.

Now only solution left is to use a VPN. Glad that i purchased PIA VPN like 2 week ago by paying $38 a year. I have been using it for last 2 weeks and its superfast with no downtime and i am not seeing any damn ads on my browser whenever i am on VPN.

These annoying ads are not going to stop so it seems that we have to use VPN all the time.

Hello amish,

I am not here advertising anything. I just posted a real solution. You can see my post about the problem. I have read all the pages on this thread and only solution i liked that one should use VPN to get rid of this problem.

I tried editing host file, putting adphonso url/IP on a router but that didn't work so If you are also seeing this popups and knows how to solve this without using VPN then let me know. I would really appreciate that if you help.

VPN is not a solution. At least not international ones. Your banking website would probably get suspicious of your IP. Other services like PayPal and Google Play and Apple iTunes would also not like you accessing them using a foreign IP.

Back