MTNL Broadband is injecting ads on your computer pretending it's a feature

Since ads are inserted on HTML pages, only way would be to UNDO it by running local proxy which removes the advertisement code!

I am not sure if you can do this in windows but in Linux one can easily set a routing rule that only port 80 (http) traffic goes through VPN and rest goes as usual.

So that should solve banking and google play store issues.

I wish there was a way .... That whenever such ad appears and a signature of MTNL's ad is found .. a copy of the page should be emailed to GM - MTNL CC to others.

I am sure they will love getting so many mails. Perhaps then they will understand that this is so irritating.

Wow ads have been finally removed. Can't see those annoying ads now. I sent an email and MTNL guy actually called me on my landline and i simply said i don't need any ads and i love my privacy. They finally listened to me.. :D

No need for VPN anymore.

When does MTNL shift the speed down and up, I can see that its not exactly 7am because today it was around 6.30am.. and UP from 6.45..

Man these ads had really pissed me off. They are popping like crazy. Just tell me whom to mail or contact to tackle this shit.

Man these ads had really pissed me off. They are popping like crazy. Just tell me whom to mail or contact to tackle this shit.
Write to [email protected], [email protected]. Copy the emails to [email protected] and [email protected]. Add hshso@nic (Secretary, Min of Home Affairs) and [email protected] (Secy General, NHRC). Do not be polite. Tell them that they are infringing on your rights as a telecom subscriber, that this injection of adverts has security implications and is downright unfair to you.

The ads stopped for me once I wrote to all these guys.

I am not sure if I already posted it but if you use noscript, you can easily block adphonso Javascript.

Either directly OR Using ABE (application bounary enforcer).

ABE rule would look something like this: (can not test because I am not MTNL delhi user)
Code:
Site .adphonso.com
Deny

This will block script itself from running and stop the annoyance. I have assumed that server domain is adphonso.com if not then change it accordingly

For more info:
What's ABE?

NOTE: this will not stop privacy invasion since each page is always sent to adphonso by MTNL (not by browser)

Last edited:

Back