MTNL Broadband is injecting ads on your computer pretending it's a feature

well first of first scan computer for malware .. and then install adblock plus and block it :)

then u can right click block and specify to block pop up permanently .

i have done it it works

bwt maja ma che app kem che :)

OR

Double click on hosts file and chose to open it in notepad. At the end of all the text, enter following:

127.0.0.1 adphonso.com

127.0.0.1 203.94.243.40

hosts.png

Last edited:
well first of first scan computer for malware .. and then install adblock plus and block it :)
Aare bhai, kem che?

Adblock does not have IP 203.94.227.140 on it's block list. Someone needs to contact Easylist and ask them to add this IP to it.
Best is to block this IP at router level. But once MTNL finds about it, they will start another ads server. So we add that IP as well. Hence cat and mouse game will continue forever.

Its become very painful. My adblock counter for the no of blocks, reached over a 100 in just a week alone. You can see it at times slowing down a website, because it's 'connecting to xxxx'.

This is on their Fibre thrill 2999 plan in Mumbai. I have it blocked both on adblock and my router.

^^ MTNL does not deserve your Rs. 2999. It's too costly for the quality of service provided. :(

With recent increases in prices, MTNL is extremely poor value for money.

For Mumbai people, kindly block this IP 203.94.227.140 at your router level.

Most routers have IP or URL filter or blocking under Firewall section.

DO IT!!

Yesterday, I saw this "advertisement" thing for the first time at friend's place.

I have it blocked but as per my squid logs - last hit to IP 203.94.227.140 was on June 16.

Back