MTNL Broadband is injecting ads on your computer pretending it's a feature

Sorry, but you are wrong. By blocking the domain/URL, you can only prevent the ads from displaying. MTNL's server has still intercepted the HTTP response and modified it to add their own code.

Thats obvious. HTTP can not just be intercepted by ISP but also by all the routes (gateways) the packet passes through.

All we can do is block the URL they insert.

new ad

Y3KI5yl.jpg

so mtnl is now using their method to start an ad delivery system. By pushing ads for others clearly they are generating revenue.

wow. this is seriously bad. PSAs they can probably defend. this is purely a commercial message. i would suggest all mtnl customers to start filing complaints with pgportal :(

It has started on mtnl mumbai too. it shows these ads or randomly redirects to pages on their server. And if thats not enough, My ping has gone up from 8ms to 300+ and my speed on 2Mbps plan does not go above 780kbps now. And MTNL being MTNL never even responds to any calls. And my complaint on their online complaint service is cleared after about an hour. Sticking to mtnl coz it works great when it works.

Last edited:
Speed issue is unrelated... its happening in day time due to what appears to be overload due to too many customers and possibly less bandwidth.

Speed issue is unrelated... its happening in day time due to what appears to be overload due to too many customers and possibly less bandwidth.
when they try to inject these ads. these ads appear randomly on random pages but during few mins i will get these ads on every page i visit and trying to open an secure page will either fail or it will redirect to these ads. my ping goes too high randomly at any time, even during nights.

Last edited:
Ping does not use PROXY injection.

Proxy captures TCP packet on port 80.

Ping is ICMP packet which PROXY does not capture.

So in short high PING is unrelated to injecting ads.

Was going to make a post about injected ads on reddit, and when I loaded this website I was greeted by an injected ad! I use abBlocker, so MTNL is doing some pretty serious shit...

On Reddit:
5rHLK2t.png

On this website:
mWhHfxX.png

Also, my connection drops every 10 minutes (8mbps plan)

Also, Rohan M, which online complaint service? i will also make some complaints...

Back