MTNL Mumbai: Rs. 999 for Unlimited Data (3 Months Promotional Plan)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 196
  • Views Views 37,888
Michael clarke fan said:
Is anyone using this plan and if yes, what is / would be the fup? Or is it truly unlimited?
Edit- Sorry, I didn't read the first page. Admin already confirmed it that its unlimited.
https://www.flipkart.com/huawei-e303c-data-card/p/itmd7g4damu7gtez
Will this dongle support MTNL 3G sim?
Do we need to buy dongle separately? Is there no bundled offer along with a dongle.
And ya, one more thing - Where on earth can one get this mntl 3g SIM. None of the regular vendors seem to be selling MTNL SIM/Connection. Thanks
sanke1 said:
In Mumbai, the maximum theoretical speed is 3.6 Mbps. But actual max speed is 2.2 Mbps only. Which means download speed of 250-290 kBps.

Not a bad deal at all. But I have had my share of speed troubles during daytime. So I will pass this offer.
Thanks alot. Those kind of download speeds are just about ok but then its unlimited which is attractive. I seem to get similar speeds on my photon though, which I already have, so not much of an upgrade in it for me as far as download speed is concerned.

ace said:
Do we need to buy dongle separately? Is there no bundled offer along with a dongle.

And ya, one more thing - Where on earth can one get this mntl 3g SIM. None of the regular vendors seem to be selling MTNL SIM/Connection. Thanks
Mtnl CSC/Exchange. Buy a normal prepaid sim. You'd be better of buying a dongle on your own from eBay or something.

I'm very lucky then. There is a very small retailer near my home, who gives mtnl 3g trump sim card. While other retailers don't have mtnl sim at all. Just ask all the retailers in ur area. U might be lucky. My brother's card will be activated either today evening or tomorrow. I'll check the speed out. But as I don't have dongle, I'll have to do WiFi tethering. Does the speed of dongle and WiFi tethering differ considerably?

Completed 150 GB quota in the first 10 days, waiting for them to provide another 150 GB. Called up customer care, but they are confused that if the plan is Unlimited, then how come I have a quota of 150GB. Not much help from their end (even after requesting them to provide another 150 GB in my account). What should I do?

Jesus Christ! You downloaded 15 GB everyday on average. I'd say call the customer care over and over again. They said its without any data limits and speed downgrade. But for me 150 GB as fup wud be all right. But everybody has different data needs, and they should deliver what they promised.

^^^not exactly but the device you have makes a difference,
for example, using AIRCEL (3.6mbps pack) my old LG Optimus one touches 3mbps stable and fluctuates upto 3.2,wheras on my Galaxy note I get 3.4-3.6mbps stable.
In the same room, at d same time.. Hardware specs is all that matters. :) good luck :) as of wifi tethering, I've seen not much drop in speeds. However while using a data card, you get full speed without much interference.. Also too much wifi tethering makes my LG phone really really hot..

Update:
Called-up MTNL, the aunties there are confused and was blaming the system that if the plan is unlimited, then its should not show any type of limit (something which I dreamt of), to which I had to explain that you ppl put some sort of FUP (which is 150 GB) and is utilized. So pls gimme more. I even lost 50 Rs due to the data balance being used up and the remaining main balance started getting less.
After couple of phone calls + each time of clarification to them, they gave me 100000000KBs (~ 95 GB) along with the deducted amount from main balance (50 Rs).
I believe that the auto renewal of the data balance is not present (rather than their claim of not working) and the new quote given is clearly entered manually (unlike the person above who got total 150 GB more). In any case, will call them up again when this given quota is exausted :)

dj_khalsa said:
Completed 150 GB quota in the first 10 days, waiting for them to provide another 150 GB. Called up customer care, but they are confused that if the plan is Unlimited, then how come I have a quota of 150GB. Not much help from their end (even after requesting them to provide another 150 GB in my account). What should I do?
WOW!!! What kind of downloads, can you please clarify. I want to mainly download torrents at a decent speed and if you were able to download 15GB every day then this surely is the right plan/connection for me. Thanks in advance
Also, can you please confirm which 3G dongle you are using, Thanks Again!
Michael clarke fan said:
Please do confirm which dongle did you end up buying and how were the download speeds, Thanks

Back