MTNL Mumbai: Rs. 999 for Unlimited Data (3 Months Promotional Plan)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 196
  • Views Views 37,880
Not so good luck for me. The retailer has been hospitalised and is critical. I talked to his son he said it will take 2-3 more days. Also, my brother will be out of Mumbai for a month. He is leaving tomorrow evening. So, now without checking I'll have to buy another mtnl 3g sim and then check it out. Sorry guys.

dj_khalsa said:
Update:
Called-up MTNL, the aunties there are confused and was blaming the system that if the plan is unlimited, then its should not show any type of limit (something which I dreamt of), to which I had to explain that you ppl put some sort of FUP (which is 150 GB) and is utilized. So pls gimme more. I even lost 50 Rs due to the data balance being used up and the remaining main balance started getting less.
After couple of phone calls + each time of clarification to them, they gave me 100000000KBs (~ 95 GB) along with the deducted amount from main balance (50 Rs).
I believe that the auto renewal of the data balance is not present (rather than their claim of not working) and the new quote given is clearly entered manually (unlike the person above who got total 150 GB more). In any case, will call them up again when this given quota is exausted :)
There is also another plan : 3G 1649 which says Unlimited 3G , I wonder what is the difference between 999 and this one ? I think 999 is limited to 150 GB

1650 plan has been going on for over an year, this 999 plan is for promotional period of 3 months.
Both are unlimited plans

Bought new mtnl 3g sim for myself. It will be activated after 4-5 days (mtnl being government company takes its time). In the meanwhile I'll have to buy a 3g dongle. If you could suggest me a good 3g dongle, other than the 3 dongles I listed in previous page.

Had you bought the sim from an mtnl exchange, it would have been activated instantly. :)

E303 is a good dongle. So is MF190. Though, mf190 is only up to 7.2mbit.

Didn't know that. I am very lazy. So, which dongle should I buy Huawei E303FH or mf190? I want stable connection and no disconnection, which would be better?

My experience with MF190 has been pretty good. Though mtnl 3G itself does disconnect after x hours, sometimes randomly too. Haven't used e303.

My brother luckily managed to get his sim activated today. He doesn't use internet, but i recharged with 22rs for 1 day, 150 mb data half an hour back. It still is on gprs mode not 3g mode. I asked customer care and they said 3g would be activated within half an hour. I will update tomorrow what happens. No retailer does recharge of mtnl for data pack. y retailer didn't even know the recharge of 999 rs for unltd 3g internet. I had to use my debit card for a recharge of 22 rs. So far mtnl has been a pain in the a#se.

Back