MTNL To Announce New Unlimited Plans On Oct. 2nd

Call 198 and tell them to fix it. Ask for the number of ur local exchange/engineer incharge of this stuff.And woah there whitelotus, u sure abt ur speeds? I mean u shud give the connection time to stabilize. Even my download starts of with a speed burst but after abt 1.5 MB is transferred speeds settle down at 30KBps.

Originally posted by whitelotus@Sep 24 2005, 04:06 PM
i get 32.5KBps constant..anytime in a day.. :rolleyes:
that makes 117mb in 1 hr and
936 mb in 8 hrs !!..thats close to 1gb.. B)
[snapback]26208[/snapback]
[/quote]
32.5 :blink: are you sure dude.Try checking your speed at testmy.net and post the result here.I've got to see it to believe it.

Originally posted by muttster`@Sep 24 2005, 11:01 PM
55kBps for me :)
DSL syncs at 618 517..
mtnl error :P
[snapback]26248[/snapback]
[/quote]
Muttster you are a special case.You are getting a 512Kbps connection at 256Kbps rate.And those lazy brats wont even bother to check.But 32.5 is something that doesnt fit in.

hehe..he must be syncing at 288 256while we sync in at 256 256...hence the difference..all i get is 27.6kBps..nothing more..

Check the sync rates with other ppl living in ur city and using similar plans..that'll give u an idea if you r synced at below normal for ur plan...n if u are, then, call them up and tell them to change it..n call up some senior fellow if u can coz CC is not very competent.Here in Delhi for all 256 Kbps plans the sync rate is 288 Kbps Downstream and 256 Kbps upstream while for 512 Kbps plan it is 576 DS and 512 US. The standard loss is abt 16.6 % which happens on all Point to point Protocol over ethernet networks in short PPPoE (which is wat MTNL uses, though PPP over ATM which Airtel uses has less loss)So if u live in delhi and have the 256 K plan ur download speed shld be around- 240 Kbps or 30 KBps..ofcourse u do need to take into account the wiring, joints etc etc. For 256 Kbps the distance from exchange isnt really an issue especially with MTNL using ADSL 2+ technology, its only when u talk abt 1 Mbps and upwards that distance comes into the picture.

ya same as akash here.. infact everyone i know is synced at 256 kbps . only... can we tell them to sync us 288kbpps or 300kbps..... ya i live in mumbai.

Back