MTNL (General) MTNL to upgrade broadband speed

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 28,337
MTNL cannot provide 2 Mbps post FUP speed without restructuring all Tariff plans.

Freedom Plans - 696, 795, 995, 1295 are all FUP plans on 2 Mbps. If they provide 2 Mbps without FUP for 1099, then all 2 Mbps Freedom Plans have to be terminated. MTNL will also have to terminate Trib UL - 597, 749, 999, 1899 UL Plans.

Once again MTNL is not providing sufficient information to customers about its Tariff plans and promotional schemes.

i am thinking it as another 1GB for 2mbps scam.

mtnl_festival_bonanza.jpg

I called 1500 and the lady said, she has no idea about the speed upgrade. She said, "We always come to know 1 week after the newspaper ad".

All of MTNL Delhi's Freedom series of plans already come with a minimum of 2 Mbps pre-fup speed, so it is likely that the announcement is regarding an increase in post FUP speeds for the freedom plans as well as an increase in speeds of those plans in their TriB series that are below 2 Mbps namely TriB 597,749,999. It won't make sense to announce something that already exists but then government babus are not know to consistently use common sense. Also, if 2 Mbps will really be the new minimum, then MTNL will have to come up with some new plans because most of their present FUP based and truly unlimited plans will defy again defy common sense.

My plan is closed plan with 1mbps truely unlimited (no FUP).

So will they upgrade to 2mbps truely unlimited (no FUP?)

so much confusion - no clarity!!

Back